chapter five

The crew docked their ship and climbed down onto the sand of the beach. The weather was fairly tropical, humid and sticky. The sun shone brightly in the sky, a nice change from the stormy weather the crew had endured for the past week.

"I want meat," Luffy whined, straightening the hat on his head. Sanji thumped the back of his captain's head.

"Idiot, we just ate! God, sometimes I forget about how absolutely bottomless your stomach is," the cook complained, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up, Ero-Cook," Zoro sighed. The blonde pivoted on his heel to face the swordsman.

"You wanna start something, Moss-head?" Nami rolled her eyes and pushed through their fight.

"You two fight like an old married couple," she remarked. Usopp snorted, and Robin stifled a snicker.

"Shut the hell up, you damn witch!" Nami wasn't one to drop down to Zoro's immature level, but he truly ticked her off.

"Make me, you lazy ass!" she shouted, getting in his face.

"Don't you dare talk to Nami-swan like that, you insensitive alcoholic asshole!" Sanji intervened, gently pulling the orange-haired aside so he could get in the swordsman's face.

"Hey, now—," Usopp began, trying to lessen the tension. Nami simply hit him over the head. "Ow!" He stepped into the fight.

"Guys—," Franky tried. Nobody listened.  Robin, deciding it was best not to get involved yet, grabbed his wrist and took a step back with him. Chopper ran and hid behind the archeologist's skirt, while Brook simply stepped to the side. Luffy stood with his arms crossed, watching the scene, silent, his eyes hidden under his hat.

"You know, I'm gettin' real tired of your shit, you alcoholic, moss-colored, piss-poor excuse for a swordsman!" Sanji yelled. Zoro rolled his shoulders back and drew himself to his fullest height.

"I'm getting sick of your 'I'm so much better than every other guy in the world and I'm so charming and everyone loves me' act, and your stupid arrogance, and your same overused fucking insults, and I wish you'd shut the fuck up, because you're not better than everyone else!" the man yelled back.

"And I wish both of you could shut up and act civil for one minute, because I swear to god, if you don't, I'll kick both of your asses!" the navigator shouted, hitting both of them on the head.

"You're so cruel, Nami! You need to chill out!" Usopp yelled.

"ENOUGH!" the captain bellowed. Everything stopped, and everyone turned and gaped at him. "This is so stupid!" Luffy shouted. "Is this getting us anywhere? No! Is this helping our supply stock? No! You all need to calm the hell down, because you are acting like children! Brats throwing a tantrum!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "I don't want to hear you bickering! Zoro, you're going to stay with the ship. Sanji, you can go shopping, but come find me once you're finished, because you two obviously need a mediator for your stupid arguments, and I don't want you going back to the ship without me and arguing with Zoro again. Usopp, you and Franky can go shopping for whatever you need. Robin, please take Chopper to buy whatever herbs and medicine he needs, and then you can go to the bookstore, and Brook? Are you okay with staying on the ship with Zoro?" The skeleton man nodded. "Good. We're settled?" The crew nodded silently. "Then lets go."

Zoro nodded at the captain once and climbed onto the deck of the ship, followed by Brook. The others began walking into town, Luffy leading the way. They split up into their assigned groups as they reached a fork in the path.