Monamortus

I just really like this music. It fits for this whole zombie virus thing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mumbo could only remember snippets of what happened. He remembered waking up and was fed something. And he also tasted something weird. Like burnt marshmallows.
But after that, he remembered nothing.

He opened his eyes to see he was in a log cabin. He felt dizzy and nauseous. "What happened?" He wondered. Everything was fuzzy...

"Mumbo!"
Mumbo found himself staring into glowing green eyes. He tried to escape only for them to look away. As if a fog was clearing, Mumbo saw that it was the girl from before. The girl who saved him last night. Or, was it last night? He couldn't remember.

The girl was looking away from him. "Sorry for scaring you like that. You started hyperventilating." She said.
After a bit of silence, Mumbo sat up. His wounds were only scars. "...H-how long have I been out for?"
"Two days." Mumbo had a confused look on his face. "That's the power of potions." A man with dark hair and glasses said. "Potions...?" Mumbo remembered hearing about them in history class. Maybe he should have payed more attention. "They were too hard to make so we left them for modern medicine." The man explained. "How are you feeling?" He asked.
"Better...I can't remember anything, though..." Mumbo said. "You were attacked by a zombie and a skeleton." The girl explained.
So that's what they look like? News of undead encounters are everywhere. But defenses are always really strong. And everyone survives. It usually affects the lower class, who are forced to live near the borders. Mumbo had never seen them in real life, though.
"Why did I feel so terrible. Like-"
"The undead are controlled by a virus. You were infected. Your lucky we were able to get enough potions in time." The man explained. "You stayed here with me. You did nothing." Said the girl. The man glared at her. "Just saying..." She added. "You got really lucky." The man said. "What's your names...?" Mumbo asked. "I'm Cleo." Said the girl. "Joe." Said the man.
"Thank you...For saving me..."

Despite being unconscious for 2 days, Mumbo still felt exhausted. He had a hard time sleeping despite that. He couldn't get the sounds of weak flesh nearly tearing apart out of his head. The glowing eyes as the monster tried to reach his throat. The feeling of rotting flesh grabbing a hold of him.
That disembodied hand moving like an inchworm toward the arrow.
And those eyes... The eyes that stared at him as he helplessly laid in bed.

Mumbo jolted awake.

He felt like he couldn't breathe. Before he knew it, everything became clearer. Cleo and the others were there. The zombies were outside. As Mumbo tried to get some sleep again, he remembered something...Cleo, her eyes were glowing...