Chapter 3

I found myself in the bathroom fixing my red lipstick that was now gone because of the drink. I pulled out my MAC lip gloss and started putting it on, starting from the bottom lip to the upper. I placed it back carefully in my bag but before I could get out of the room someone pushed me against the cold wall.

I felt his alcohol breath mixing with mine when he spoke. "Why do girls take so long fixing their make-up?" It was Calum leaning on me. I just smiled seductively, not replying back.

He started tracing kisses down my neck but I stopped him before he reached my lips by placing my hands on his biceps. "You're drunk."

"Not at all," He smirked and finally kissed me. He tasted like vodka so he must've been drinking before our meeting. He shouldn't be doing that since he works for the police but according to what has happened between us in the past minutes I am not at all surprised.

I finally kissed him back. His tongue felt so good on mine and I bet he enjoyed this as much as I did.

"I really like your dress tonight." I blushed. For the first time in my life I blushed when receiving a compliment. That never happened with the other guys and it wasn't because I knew I was hot but with Calum is different.

He kissed me again but this time placing his hand on my thigh making me all shiver. His hands travelled from my knee to my butt real quick squeezing it hard with his long fingers. Not going to lie, it turned me on so much. I wanted him. I wanted him so bad but then I realized we were having a moment in a public bathroom.

"Cal-" I pushed him back.

"What? What's wrong?" He seemed confused but I really didn't want anything to happen here.

"Nothing, it's just," Come on, Emily. Figure something out. "I have to go."

He nodded and smiled. "At least give me your number."

I giggled. "Of course," Remembering I had a red lip gloss in my bag I took it out and started writing my number on his arm.

• • •

"KELSEY!" I screamed placing the keys on the table. Footsteps came from the room and then I spotted her wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt that didn't seem hers.

"You're home. Finally," She said and hugged me. "There's some pizza in the kitchen. We ordered it and saved some for you." She was all smiles. I loved that.

"Wait, 'we'?"

"Yes." She dragged me to my room and then started talking. "So," This is gonna be good. "While you were talking to the hot cop there," The thought of Calum made me smile but I focused on her story. "I met this really cool guy and we didn't even have sex."

My mouth was open. "Wow, then he must be a keeper." I sarcastically said.

"Stop making fun of me. In fact, he is a keeper. He studies arts. I mean how cool is that?" She was too excited.

"Given the other guys you slept with. What was the last one? A cashier at a sex shop?" She hit me playfully with a pillow.

"Shut up. At least he had a job." We started laughing. "He's name's Ashton."

"Uuuh. That's hot." She bit her lip at my comment looking at the ceiling.

"Yeah, it is."

We were silent for a minute but she found something to say as always. "You should find a guy and I mean a real one, you know? Something serious."

I rolled my eyes and remembered Calum. "Well, maybe I did. I gave him my number." I started moving my eyebrows up and down. "I hope he calls me."

"Yeah, he will probably but how are you going to tell him you're a fucking criminal, Emily? He's a cop." Our conversation became serious all of a sudden.

I sighed and replied. "I'll figured it out."