Luke:15:11-32

Emily Bartylla #4

September/6/2012

            Religion Paragraph

Luke:15:11-32

Once, Jesus told a story to his disciples that is one of the most important bible stories in the bible.  It is so significant because of the lesson it teaches Catholics and even people of other religions.

In the story there is a man who has two sons, this man represents God.  One of the sons asks for the money he would receive when his father died, at the time instead.  Only days after receiving the riches the son leaves, he wastes all of his riches on partying and other luxuries.  Famine strikes and the son becomes an unfed slave, only then he realizes that he must return home, where he will be fed, even as a slave.  Upon his arrival the father gives his son high quality shoes, clothes and a ring, they celebrate with the farms largest cow.  The son was lost and had been found.

The lesson this bible story teaches is one of the most important lessons any Catholic can learn.  This story teaches that God is always there for you.  If you leave God you can always return to him.  If you leave God for a different religion, he always waits for your return.  When you return he will always welcome you with abundant valleys of love and protection.