Prologue

The police banged on the door 3 times, before she got the chair over to the window and peeked out, asking who it was. The police said their known line, "Police, open up." She couldn't call her dad because he died before she was born. She couldn't call her mother because she was out. She certainly couldn't call her brother because he always got angry when people woke him up.

"Mom not here?"

"Open the door"

"I can't reach the door?"

"Who's with you"

"Brother doesn't like when I wake him up, but I will try" She climbed the stairs and turn to his bedroom door. She knocked as hard as she could 5 times.

He pulled off his headphones and slammed the door open and he yelled, "What!"

"Sowwy. Thewe is a man at the doow. He says he's the Police."

"Police?"

"Yes." He picked her up and brought her down the stairs. The frown on his face told her that there was something wrong. He opened the door and stared blankly at the man.

"Hello sir, sorry it took us a while."

"That's okay, son. I looked over your mother's files and it says your father died 4 years ago"

"Yes, that's correct. He died from a car accident before my sister was born on his way back from the state finals. Is there something wrong?"

"I'm sorry to tell you this after what you have just told me. There was an accident 3 streets down and the car sets itself on fire."

"Okay?" Her heartbeat raised, her brother was shaking like he knew what was next to come.

"I'm sorry, your mother was in the accident. We couldn't save her" Her brothers hold became loose and he slowly let her down.

"What?"

"I'm sorry for your loss"

"What does that even mean? Where is my mother? For crying out loud we have been waiting for her all day, she can't die on my sister's birthday. How do I explain this to her?"

As soon as he realized what he just said he collapsed. "Son, wake up?"

"Brothew. Phawwel wake up, this isn't funny." The man picked him up and toke him to the car. She followed behind and got into the car, she put her seat belt on and looked over to her brother. "Why isn't he moving?"

"Everything is okay, just sitting back."

"Mom isn't coming home is she?"

"No, honey, she's in heaven now."

"Like Dad?"

"Yes." The police looked back at her and continued driving. As soon as they made it to the hospital the policeman leaves the car running, forgetting about her so she just waited in the car before walking out. She went up to the counter.

"Excuse me, do you know where my bwother is?"

"Are you here alone?"

"I'm with my bwother."

"Where your Mommy?"

"He said she's in Heaven with Daddy."

"What is your brother's name?"

"Phawwel"

"You mean, Pharrel?"

"Yes"

"Last Name?"

"Andwew"

"Let me get one of the nurses to come and take you over" She called over a nurse and the nurse took her hand and they walked into the room.

"Do you think I will see my pawents in heaven?"

"Of course."

"Is Andrew gonna be okay or is he going to heaven too?"

"No, he won't. He will never leave you alone"

"I hope so" when they made it to the room was empty, the bed was made, and hospital robe was folded and put on the floor. I nurse looked around the room and clicked the red button.

"Are you sure he was put in this room?"

Yes, I just checked upon him.

"Well. There is no one in this room."

"Where did he go?"

"You're asking me."

"Give me a second."

They waited 30 minutes before anything was said.

"There is no sign of the boy, child services are on here way. The police said we have to give it 24 hours before they file a missing report."