Chapter 1

It's been 14 years since the accident, and 14 years since I last saw my brother. These past years have been horrible, but I'm thankful I'm alive and I now have a family who somewhat cares for me.

"Ray"

"Mom"

"Did you finish all your chores?"

"Yes"

"And Anna's"

"I'm almost done, I only have the bathroom left"

"Okay, go to school"

I flushed the toilet and made my way down the stairs. Anna is my 18-year-old foster sister, she has long ginger hair and a long slim figure. She had no flaw when it comes to her features, but her character constantly challenges it, she has never been nice to me since I moved in. I remember the day we met:

"Anna this is your new foster sister"

"I didn't ask for a foster sister"

"Her name is Rayleign"

"I don't care. Just keep her away from me"

I didn't even get a handshake that day, she just gave me a dirty look and left. She told me she had better things to do than talk to me.

I went downstairs and walked out the door before she could open her room door, it's not that I'm scared of her, it's just that I'm tired of moving, I'm tired of the shelter and most of all I'm tired of waiting for my brother to return. The walk there was 15 minutes, which gave me enough time to drown in my own thoughts. As I was turning into the school parking lot, a car came towards me I barely had time to move out the way, the next thing I know my vision became dark.

I woke up in a bright room, there was the smell of medicine everywhere. It reminded me of that day, but this time it was worse, Pharrell was sitting next to me, his face clean-shaven he wore a suit and sat frowning at me.

"What did you do this time"

"I didn't do anything"

"First you kill Dad, Mom, and now you can't even keep yourself alive."

"I'm sorry, Phawwell"

"Your Pathetic"

"I'm pathetic"

"This is all your fault"

"This is all my fault"

"You deserve to die"

"I deserve to-"

"-Snap out of it!"

Pharrell slipped into thin air and a boy stood in his place, a scream left my lips as my hands shot up to cover my face, that's when I felt the pain on the left side of my body. I slowly let my eyelids open and look at the boy again, I let my breathing steady and began to talk.

"Where am I?"

"In the school nurse's office"

"What happened"

"It was my fault, I was driving too fast and didn't give you enough time to move out the way"

"Is your car okay?"

"My car?"

"Yes"

"It's okay"

"I'm sorry for any damage that came to your car"

"Don't worry about the car, how are you?"

"2 pain killers will heal everything"

"Are you sure?"