Chapter 3

"So who wants to be the other Captain?"

"Can I choose?"

"Sure" I looked around the gym and found Anna tapping away on her phone while chewing gum. I might regret this later, but I don't want to risk having her in my team.

"How about Anna? I mean, do you want to be Captain?"

"Do I have to Mr. Donavan"

"If you want your grade to stay a B"

"Fine" She stomped to the teacher and huffed. A sigh left my lips as I tried not to let my irritation show.

"Rayleign pick your first person"

"Is it okay, if Anna chooses first?"

"Sure"

"I pick Harley" of course she chooses his best friend.

Next, it was my turn and I don't know anyone's name so I pointed at the food girl from before. "I pick you, what's your name?"

"Rylie" I nodded and this went on for 15 minutes before we got to the last person. That's when I saw him, he looked upset. He glared at me before going back to his bored expression.

"I pick Zander" So that's his name. He looked at her then stared at me. Did he want me to say something? He could be on Anna's team, I mean it's not like I want him anywhere near me.

"Anna you already have 12 players, Zander you're on Rayleign's team" A look of relief passes his eyes as he made his way towards me.

As soon as he was close enough to hear, I whispered "Just stay away from me"

He nodded and went to the other side of the gym. The first person out was Anna, she was going for the ball in the first 2 minutes when someone hit her in the face. She straightened herself up and said, " who did that?" I'm glad I picked Dodgeball. Everyone stopped moving and out of nowhere a ball flew and hit her shoulder.

"YOUR OUT!" We all turned to a smirking Zander, who held another ball in his hand.

"Zandy" she huffed and stomped her feet. "Why'd you hit me?"

"Get out the game" what was his problem?

"Rayleign gets your teammates together, and Anna gets off the field" Everyone watched while I walked over to Zander.

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what"

"Why'd you hit her in the face"

"What makes you think it was me?"

"Then who did?"

"You tell me"

"What do you want?"

"You know what I want"

"I don't so stop ruining my game"

"Keith come here" why is he calling over our opponent? "I'll give you $50 to take out Ray" Keith thought about it, then nodded.

"Sure, just get it to me by the end of the period"

He walked away and I turned back to Zander, "Really?"

"I can't get you off the field, so Keith will"

"Zander let one ball hit me and your nuts will be the least of your problems"

"I'd like you to be one of my problems" I flipped him off before going back to my spot. Everyone was watching us in shock, well that's great.

"We're ready"

"Okay, start" I guess the teacher could see my irritation from where he was sitting because he didn't say anything to me.