Chapter 1

It was 1 in the morning, yet Luna was still wide awake scribbling in her little notebook inside a tiny speakeasy bar. She would've preferred staying the quaint cafe three blocks down her apartment, but she was far from home. Luna was in Tokyo joining her parents for a holiday trip. The jet lag finally crept up to her after 2 nights in the area, which have led her to where she is now, and apparently the only open establishment nearby.

She flipped one of the pages to a fresh one and started spilling out words on ink.

Job Order 141 (Pierce Family) : In loving memory of Julie. Her works were kindness, her deeds were love. (1950 - 2019)

Job Order 142 (Rodriguez Family): Reese. Today she dances with angels. (2012-2019)

At the corner of her eye, she sees the bartender about to cross the other end.

"Excuse me, one more please?" She says as she lifts her ceramic cup.

The bartender nods and pours her more chamomile. "Tell me I'm not the only one feeling weird with the fact I'm pouring tea with racks of hard liquor behind me."

Luna just gives a tiny smile and starts to scribble down again.

The bartender places the pot down and peaks over at her little notebook. "Watcha' writing there?"

"Just work." Luna replied, keeping it short and simple. She really wasn't in the mood to go down the whole "NO WAY" "THEY HIRE PEOPLE FOR THAT?!" "THAT'S A REAL THING?!" reaction and need to respond at this hour.

The lack of words and enthusiasm from her response were enough hints for the bartender to let her be. She sees him sigh in disappointment and walks away to tend to the drunkard two seats away. Luna felt bad, but her introverted self limits her to 2 sentence conversations most of the time, especially to people she just met.

She pulled out her phone and started to search for places to visit in Tokyo. Her eyes glued to the screen, delighted with the interesting temples, mountains, galleries, and hole-in-the-walls just a few train stations away. All of a sudden, her excitement was being overshadowed with the feeling of being overwhelmed — nothing unusual for someone like Luna.

She turned her screen off and headed to the bathroom for one last go before she heads back. As she was fixing herself up in the mirror, a few Japanese girls entered gushing over their phones looking at some pictures.

Luna, knowing a few Japanese from watching too much anime, was just able to make sense a few in her head.

Selfie. Famous. Handsome. I'm gonna pee myself.

She chuckled and thought to herself, "Good thing you're in the bathroom then."

After drying her hands, she headed out back to the bar area and started to grab her wallet from her bag. A jolt of panic ran through her body as she realizes her notebook was not inside.

She pushed herself through the crowd that was starting to form inside the bar to reach to her initial spot. Her mini-adrenaline stopped should've stopped when she finally saw her notebook, but it just rapidly increased when she saw a pair of ring embellished hands flipping the pages.

While keeping a safe distance, Luna tried to get the attention of the man.

"Hey, that's mine." She said. But the guy made no fuss.

Very uncomfortable to her, but out of desperation, she took a step forward and made her voice a little louder than usual.

"I said that's mi — "

The person brought the notebook down to finally reveal his face. Luna stopped mid sentence after having full sight of the person. Because frankly, it wasn't just any person.

Selfie. Famous. Handsome. I'm gonna pee myself.

All of a sudden, the things the Japanese girls were gushing about made sense to Luna.

'Well, that's Harry Styles alright."