Chapter Seven

After Theo is done making fun of me he leads me to one of his guest rooms.

"Here. You can stay in this one." He says while opening the door.

"Thanks." I say while admiring the spectacular room.

"I'm right across the hall. I'll be right back with something you can sleep in."

"Okay."

I sit down on the bed waiting for Theo to come back. A few minutes later he's back with some boxers and a T-shirt.

"These were the smallest things I had." He says while tossing them to me.

"Thanks." I say shooing him out the door.

I put on the boxers first. They're a bit big, but I can mange them for a night. Next the shirt. It was bigger on me than expected, but it's fine for now.

I head to bead even though it's early.

~dream~

I wake up chained to a wall. I struggle to get free, but it was no use. Suddenly I hear foot steps. Slowly they get closer to me. Then they stop.

When I look up I see the person I once called my dad.

"Hello." He says smirking.

"Pl-please..." I say trailing off knowing begging wont help.

"What's the matter? Not happy to see me?"

I look down at the floor. Not wanting to see what he's going to do to me. He grabs my face to make me look at his eyes. When my eyes meet his I notice his aren't normal. They're a black pit of anger.

He pulls out a knife. Tears flow out of my eyes. I can't help but think of the worst thing he could do to me... Death.

"Now the Earth never has to deal with a useless piece of crap like you."

He thrusts the knife towards me. I close my eyes, not wanting to see my own death, but the knife never hits me. Nothing touches me.

I open my eyes to see a figure in front of me. It's shielding me from the monster. Suddenly my step-father disappears, and it's just me and the mysterious figure.

It, or now I should say he, turns around. It's Theo. He looks at me and whispers, "Wake up, wake up, wake up."

My eyes swing open. "Theo." I whisper when I see him sitting next to me.

"Devon, ar-are you okay?" He says with concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine." I say softly not wanting my voice to break.

"No your not. Please tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong. It was just a nightmare." I say lying through my teeth.

"That was not a nightmare. That was a fear. Wasn't it?"

"Theo, it's non of your business."

"I want to help."

I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I bursted into tears. "No you don't! No one can help me! I'm broken! I'm unwanted by everyone! I'm a broken glass! No one can put me back together!"

He hugs me. Covering me with his warmth. Rocking me back and forth. "Don't think like that. I want to help you."

"No one can..."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤Finally a new update. I need ideas for the next one! Comment and Vote. Love Y'all!

Here's the answer from the last chapter:

I am like 5' 2''... Okay fine 5'.

I have brown hair with soft blond/golden highlights.

My skin is tan, but not as tan as it normally is.

My eyes are dark brown.

I wear contacts so I can see.

... I think that's it.

QOTD: Did you understand the title of the last chapter?

AOTD: Obviously I did. If you didn't then I'll explain. Tris has six fears, and it was chapter six... Get it now?