Chapter 9

Few months later - Wednesday

A limousine arrives at Hashmore High School and a teenage girl with brown hair and wearing the school uniform, steps out of the limousine and sees the sign of the school. She is later approached by the Principal, where they shake hands and she introduced herself as Rebecca (16 years old and a Grade 11 student) and she's from London. Principal Hashmore is very happy for her to study in this school and she said that she is also excited and commented that his school is smaller than her school before. Principal Hashmore decides to tour her around the school.

After touring around the school, Rebecca is quietly observing the people and the surroundings and she already knows what's wrong with this school. Principal Hashmore brings her to his office and gives her daily class schedule, she thanks  him and talks to him about what she have noticed in this school.

Principal: You know, you are not the only transferee here.
Rebecca: Really?
Principal: Yeah! Her name is Ecstasy Miller and she is very friendly. She made so many friends and she even made friends with the bullies. Maybe you can talk to her, her hair is pink, so it won't be hard finding her (laughs).
Rebecca: Thanks but I had to say something before I leave.
Principal: Well, what is it?
Rebecca: Your commercial for this school is very promising and I expected a lot of good things from it. But in the looks for it, you just scammed me.
Principal: (laughs) I'm sorry?
Rebecca: When you were touring me around the school, I noticed that there is some flaws in it.
Principal: Like what?
Rebecca: For starters, you said on the commercial that this school is an anti-bullying place and I saw bullies everywhere at the corridors.
Principal: ...
Rebecca: One of the teachers are dressed inappropriately and students are always staring. Who is she?
Principal: Ms. Esperanza... she is your Spanish teacher today afternoon and tomorrow morning.
Rebecca: And you hired her because of her figure, not by her IQ level?
Principal: Hey! She is smart once you get to know her.
Rebecca: Right (sarcastically and winks at him). You see, I have no problem with the quality of this school and the only problem is... are the people in it. You set up rules and they don't follow, you warned them and they don't listen. Where is the discipline and order in there?
Principal: ...
Rebecca: Anyway, thanks for the schedule and I'm on my way to class now. Bye!
Principal: My God! She is so right. I gotta do something.

Principal Hashmore realizes that he needs to conduct proper discipline and order to the students and to the teachers as well to make his school a better place.
_________________________________________________
In the first subject of the day, which is English Class, the students are gathered at the library and Ms. Hook tells them to make their very own short story and they must finish it before dismissal time. While everyone is busying writing, Ecstasy is quietly chatting with her friends while writing their own short story and Ms. Hook is sitting on her desk until they see a new girl named Rebecca coming inside.

Ms. Hook looks at her, but ignores because she might be from another grade level or she's only here for books or something. Rebecca sees everyone looking and talking about her, then sees the librarian at her desk, so she approaches her. Ms. Hook politely asks her "Yes. How can I help you?" and Rebecca shyly replied "I'm the new student. I'm assure the Principal must have told you that". Ms. Hook apologizes and informs her that there so many students in school especially in different grade levels and doesn't even know her student's names.

Ms. Hook tells everyone that they have a new student and Rebecca confidently introduces herself that she is from the United Kingdom and studied in Harvard University. All the students including Ms. Hook are shocked, but as for Melissa and Jeffrey, it seems they have another challenger arrived in school and the fight of the first honor roll is on. After introducing herself, Rebecca is having a hard time looking for a table to sit until she sees only one table, which is empty and sits by herself.