13 Suspicion

JEHA looked at his phone, stunned after Anna just hung up the phone.

"Hey, Jeha. It's good you're still here. We need to discuss an important matter." His Uncle Sung Won came inside his office. He sensed his seriousness.

"I think I know why. And I wanted to speak with you also about it..."

"It's Anna."

"So you've seen the news." Sung Won said as he looked at Jeha intently.

He nodded and said, "And I heard from Mother that the Choi's family is having issues inside the foundation and threat to Madame Choi."

"We think it's one of former Senator Bong's partners. It is not just Yoojin that's in danger. Anna became a target as well."

"We?" Jeha knew something is going on with his Uncle, he doesn't want to think that the Choi, especially Anna would be connected, but this just confirmed it.

Sung Won sighed and frustration is now visible in his face.

"Listen to me carefully, JeHa.. Madame Choi doesn't want help from us, but they are really in danger. You must stay close to Anna. She's the most vulnerable in this situation." 

"What do you mean?"

JeHa has been sensing that something is going on with his Uncle and Choi Yoojin. And as with his meeting with his mother, he knew he has to act. Before he has no interest in the foundation where his mother, Choi Hee Sun was a former board of directors, who's now busy with her own business.

He learned that she was a dummy, representing his cunning Uncle Sung Won. 

He knew something was not right. He came back three years ago from US after his military service to complete his degree in architecture.

His father, who was a business tycoon and well respected architect had him influenced. They were both uninterested in politics and never meddle with the Choi siblings.***

"We learned a group of people doing illegal business is using Pyeongchang Foundation as their front for their transactions here and abroad."

He's Uncle paused for a moment.

"We have gathered some information but it's not enough to corner them." He looked straight in his eyes.

"I have respect and so much gratitude for the late Senator Go. So I'm doing this. Can I count on you?"

JeHa got the gist although he wanted to know more.
"Even if you don't ask me, I'll protect Anna. Especially now that she could get hurt."

His Uncle Sung Won sighed in what he sensed a relief.

Sung Won told JeHa all that he needed to know. And as he digest all the information, he can't help but feel anger. Why is it always the innocent that needs to suffer?

IT HAD been almost a month since Anna started her apprenticeship in Pyeongchang Foundation. While her mother was busy acting as temporary Chief in Charge of the HanLinCorp while Master Wohran gets his treatment.

There were still directors and shareholders that wanted to stop Yoojin in taking over. But because more parties were on her Uncle's side, it wasn't too much hassle.

As a matter of fact, even when she was focused on the foundation left by her husband, she's still aware of what's happening inside HanLin. She has eyes everywhere. With the help of her very reliable and trusted Secretary and friend, Kim DongMin, she was able to keep up with every thing.

She was getting back earlier than planned, and it was a mystery to everyone, specifically the media who were always on her family's tail.

There was a bigger problem that involved both the foundation and the corporation. And they were on the move to solve it.