🖤 Chapter 6 🖤

Layla's POV

I grab my apron, tying it around my back and making my way to the front if the cafe to start my shift.

"Good Afternoon girls! How was your day off?" Mrs Williams greets me and Bella.

She and her husband own the cafe we work at. They are the most lovely couple ever and treat all us girls like their own.

"Afternoon Mary. It was good thanks. How's James? Is he in today?" I reply back.

"Ohh he's at home today, dear. I told him to stay at home and rest. He's been here for the past 3 days and knowing him, he'll be back here later in the day," she replies back, eyeing Bella who has non-stop been messaging someone on her phone since she's been awake.

"Don't mind her. God knows who she's talking to."

Mary shakes her head and walks back into her office.

I throw a note book at Bella, getting her attention, "Come on! We gotta work. It's only the two of us right now."

Huffing, Bella puts her phone away and starts taking table orders, whilst I stay at the register.

It's 11 right now so it's not too busy. But as soon as it hits 1, it packs up pretty quick, as that is when most of the Uni students come in for lunch.

Mia and Lia are both at Uni today, which I'm surprised they even made it to, considering what time we got home last night.

After Bella serves the tables, she sits down in front of me on the stools and continues messaging someone, and every once in a while lets out a little giggle.

"Bells, who you talking to?"

"Ohh, just someone I met last night." She replies and goes back to her typing.

Laughing at her I turn to look at the door, when I hear someone walk in.

Mia and Lia walk in, or should I say fall inside of the cafe and plop themselves into a stool.

"Oh my days. I'm so tired. No more party's on a Uni night. Never again!" Lia cries out and lays her head on the table.

Mia agrees. "Hey Lay, could I get a medium latte please?" Mia asks as she takes hers and Lia's bags off and places it next to them.

"Sure Red. Lia do you want anything?"

"Yesheshsjsj."

"Didn't quite catch that Lia," I laugh at her.

"Yesh. Anyfink.

"Okay," I laugh at her and start making the drinks and then place them in front of them.

As the cafe is not that busy at the moment and the other two workers have arrived, me and Bella chill with the girl's as we gossip and talk about anything and everything.

Well more like me and Mia talk with Lia groaning every now and then in response and Bella still tapping away at her phone.

After a while of chatting, I hear the cafe door open and footsteps walking into the building.

Bella squeals and she jumps off of her stool and jumps into someone's arms and starts making out with him.

Okay then.

Moving my gaze to the other people around the making out couple, my eyes meet the pair of eyes that had taken over my last night's dream.

His lips pull up into a little smirk and he starts making his way over.

Stopping in front of me, he leans down towards me, placing his hands on my waist.

My breathing hitches as he lowers his face to mine and continues to stare into my eyes.