Chapter 1

Dear Yukio,

---------

Rin knew that his brother didn't know about the exorcists.

-------------

There are things you cannot know.

------------

His father had told him when he asked if everyone knew. He had sworn not to tell him.

--------------------

Things that will put you in danger if I tell you.

-------------

Rin had to keep his brother out of danger, so he didn't say a word.

--------------

I'm know you're angry, and I know there's nothing I can do to fix that.

---------------

Yukio was infuriated when Rin wouldn't tell him the details of their father figure's death, and their bond seemed to shatter.

---------------

I know we're not on speaking terms, and you probably won't read this letter.

---------------

They rarely talked to each other during these days leading up to going to the first day of school at True Cross Academy.

------------

However, I'm in the abandoned boy's dorms due to my late registration, so please, come by if you want to talk.

--------------

With Rin in the abandoned dorm while Yukio was in the regular dorms, so it was easy to avoid each other.

--------------

I do have to wonder if this separation is killing you the same way it's killing me.

------------

Rin was greatly saddened and hurt by this, but knew it was for the best.

------------

I'm so sorry it has to be this way; that I have to keep these secrets.

-------------

He had classes to attend, and secrets to keep anyway.

--------------

Your big brother,

--------------

They were brothers though, and boy did it hurt with every 'I can't tell you' that broke Yukio's heart..

--------

Rin Okumura

———