The puzzle pieces fall into place

The day after their encounter with Paul and Patryck, Edd, Matt, and Tom had helped the search for their friend the best they could.

But Tord had not been found.

Even after searching the whole town had they failed in locating the Norweigan.

Tom was breaking apart. He stopped eating. He stopped sleeping. He even stopped drinking.

Nothing mattered to him other than finding Tord.

Edd, Matt, and even Paul and Patryck had tired their best to make Tom take care of himself. But he refused.

After a while, they realized that the only way to get him to take care of himself was to find Tord and because of that, the search got even more crucial.

Because they knew that if they found Tord and Tom had by that time, starved himself to death, Tord would probably not go long before killing himself in grief.

And Edd and Matt could not lose two friends. They didn't want to lose even one.

After one week, the three friends had gone with Paul and Patryck to the red army base in order to expand on the search.

The three males had been amazed by the thought of Tord being the leader of this place. They just couldn't quite grip the fact that their friend was an army leader.

They had gotten their own rooms that they quickly felt at home in.

Tom had been unable to sleep for days and one night he decided to go for a quick walk through the base.

He walked out on the balcony that gave a view over the whole base.

And then he saw Paul standing by the railing, staring out over the small storge houses that scattered the ground in front of the bigger building.

Tom walked next to him and rested his arms on the railing earning a look from Paul, "Hey, Tom. Why aren't you in your room?"

Tom sighed, "I couldn't sleep."

"Oh, I see." Paul turned back to the view. "You're worried about Tord, aren't you?"

"Not that hard to guess huh?"

"No, not really. It's pretty obvious."

Tom chuckled, "I guess it's no use trying to act tough in front of you and Pat anymore. Seeing as you've seen my soft side."

"You don't have to think that, Tom. I still think you're pretty though. And everyone has a soft side, even Tord."

"It's hard to believe that he ever had a soft side until he got like this. Or that you and Pat have one."

Paul started laughing which earned a confused look from Tom, "What's so funny?"

"It's funny that you think me, Pat, and Tord doesn't have our soft sides. Trust me, we do. Patryck and I have soft sides towards each other and towards Tord. And Tord," Paul chuckled, "He has a soft side toward me and Pat. But also toward Edd, Matt, and yourself. He really cares about all three of you. Especially you, Tom."

"Heh, I wish. Tord hates me."

"No, he doesn't."

"Yes, he does! He said it himself."

Paul fell quiet for a moment before letting out a sigh and walking toward the door leading inside. He stopped and turned his head to Tom, "Come. I need to show you something."

Tom gave him a questioning look which caused Paul to chuckle, "Don't worry. I won't hurt you. Tord would get really mad at me if I did."

The black-eyed male shrugged and followed the older male into the building and through a hallway.