~ Silhouette ~

"What means most to you family or friends."

"Well, I haven't got either so" I shrugged, "what's up with the philosophic questions, new tactic."

The guy glared at me "How am I meant to threaten someone who has no one who cares about them or cares about no one, not even themselves."

"You don't, duh."

He hit me across the face, I could taste blood on my lips bastard "don't be smart."

I chuckled and leaned back against the chair I was strapped to "Why will it only be more painful for me."

"Infinitely."

I rolled my eyes "oh how dramatic you are, are all Nazis like this."

********************

"I'm glad he's going to be locked up, there's no way he won't

"I'm glad he's going to be locked up, there's no way he won't."

"The guys a psychopath."

I walked into the kitchen, one week later and the first day if the trail was today and so I had dressed as nicely as I could without looking formal, the tv was playing news footage of the case, everyone had an opinion in it even the Avengers. Ignoring their opinions I made myself a coffee, I had a long day ahead of me.

"You look nice, where you going," Tony asked.

"Out for dinner with wade" I replied without thinking.

"It's nine in the morning."

"Oh right yeah" think fast Avery "I'm going out for dinner with wade tonight, now I'm going to meet his girlfriend and we're going shopping."

"And you two get along."

"Yes, I've known her since I was eighteen" I checked the time "I've got to go or I'll be late" I out the coffee in a to go cup, grabbed my bag and left. The trail didn't start for another hour but after speaking to Karen last night decided it'd be best if I got there an hour earlier to talk about any last minute details.

I could barely even the courthouse as I approached it the number of reports swarming around the stairs ready to hear the slightest bit of news, was huge, I pushed past reporters not being gentle nor caring if I broke any of their equipment until I got to Karen and foggy. "Morning" I greeted.

"Morning miss castle" foggy said shaking my hand.

"Call me Avery please, it makes me more comfortable and if anyone hears that surname connected to me I'll be lynched."