✨5.0✨

One week.

The hope was gone after we received the letter from the prison. They prepared everything for the 7th May. The day I'll lose Zach.

One week.

I laid in Zach's hoodie which his grandparents brought us from his room. Visiting him was hard for everyone. Reese didn't knew what exactly was happening, the only think she realized was that she'll lose her big brother who always took care of her and loved her, even tho she might haven't noticed it sometimes.

One week.

In one week he's gone. Everyone says the time goes by slowly and hurtful. But that's just a big lie. The times go way too fast to be honest. 30 minutes per visit. 1,5 hours in a week. That's how often I saw Zach.

The cold, grey gate opened and the stinky air already filled my nose. I promised myself to stop crying. Stop thinking about Zach death and the lose of a wonderful human being. Zach's brown hair laid over his forehead. Dark circles under his eyes showed his leak of sleep. A small sparkle started in his eyes when he caught a glimpse of me. For the first time I saw his smile again.

Zach: baby, how are you?

Y/n: really? Don't ask me that. That's one of the last visits I get..!

He nodded slowly but kept the smile on his lips. I looked around till I realized we're alone. He's sentenced to death, so no one can be around him.

Zach: tell me about what happened the last three days!

He was always excited when I told him about the news or what his family's up to. Of course they visit him also.

Y/n: to be honest, nothing much. The only thing in the news is you. They still search for your ‚death' girlfriend. We got the letter for you-..

I stopped talking when I realized that in 7 days, this cute smile will never be seen again.

Zach: it's ok y/n. Say it. I'm going to die. But like I told you, I'm ok with it. I did it for us, for my family and for you.

Then the door opened and a officer looked at me, signaling me that the time is coming to an end.

Zach: Y/n, trust me. This is not the end. We'll see us again. Maybe not in this life, but someday, somehow we will come together again!

The officer grabbed Zach by his arms and pulled him to the door.

Zach: I love you Y/n Y/l/n!

Then tears started to run down his face.

Zach: I swear to god i'll watch over you and take care of you! No matter how! Please don't forget me Y/n! I love you!

Zach started to scream my name. The tears already all over his face and neck.

Zach: don't forget me!

A young officer came up to me and helped me up. She walked outside with me. I didn't say anything the whole ride back to the hotel me and the Herron family stayed in. The Uber driver told me that we're at the hotel in 5 minutes. We drove over a empty bridge.

Y/n: stop!

I got out of the car, ignoring the driver. He wasn't even asking what I'm doing. After he realized I would come back, he just drove away. Maybe he should've waited for some more minutes.