Bonds

I was still slightly surprised after being told about Rikuo's bond with me, that we were 'soulmates', I couldn't believe this and yet it made me unbelievably happy.

To know that Rikuo and I were destined to be together, the idea of it.

It just made me feel like I had butterflies inside.

I remember when I was young one of the few things I remember my mother telling me that there is someone made for everyone and when you find that someone your souls will join together and you will truly understand each other.

I wonder if she knew this would happen.

I was currently walking around the mansion trying to get used to it's layout so I can know my way around.

I just needed a little bit of time to myself as difficult as it was to leave Rikuo, he didn't want me to go far though.

I was walking around until I came outside, and saw Kappa relaxing in the pool.

I decided to go over and sit by the pool, I felt relaxed and felt the breeze through my hair.

For the first time in a while a felt relaxed at the silence for a moment, until Kappa decided to say something.

"Lady Hana, how are you?"

"I am better Kappa, thank you, you put the fire out didn't you?" I answered looking over at him.

"I did, I tried to do it as quickly as possible"

"Did you see anyone else at all? Anything suspicious?"

"No My lady I didn't"

"Okay, thank you"

I leaned back on my hands and looked up at the blue sky, I wonder who else is out to get me, this is becoming worrisome.

I closed my eyes and I could hear Kappa splashing about it the water, I then felt something land on my face.

I opened my eyes and brought my hand to my face, it wasn't water like I expected it was a yellow flower petal.

More came flowing past me and I looked to see where they were coming from.

Around the corner of the house I could see the petals were most predominant.

I got up and walked over and around the corner, only to see the yamabuki bushes, near the back of the house deep in the garden, loosing their flowers in the wind.

I walked over to the thickets and looked at them as they flowed away into the sky. It saddened me to see these flower...

"They were Rihan's favourites..." I said out loud to myself.

"They were..."

I gasped and looked behind me not expecting a reply...

Nurarihyon.

I would have sensed him, he must have hidden his presence on purpose.

"I'm surprised your here Hana, and not with Rikuo" he spoke, not looking at me as he walked to stand next to me looking at the flowers.

"I just needed time to think about everything that has gone on, and...the fact I am now bonded to Rikuo"

"...."

He didn't speak or reply, he wouldn't even look at me.

"Does it not make you incredibly sad? Having these here?" I asked him referring to the flowers.

"It does, but making sure he is not forgotten is important, he impacted the lives of many, to not have a reminder of him somewhere on the grounds would be cruel"