Epilogue

Emma laughed as Shaun fell in the mud, trying to catch the baby goat. "I see the baby goat got his way. You lose my love."

Shaun groaned and stood. "Oh yeah," he walked over to her. "Hug me, Emma. I can want a hug from you."

"Ah, no, thank you," she backed away. "Shaun, I mean it; don't you dare." He ran toward her.

Emma ran, but Shaun caught her. "I caught you, and now we need a bath. Let's go to the river; it's better that way."

"Sure," Emma kissed him. "It sounds like fun."

He kissed her back and led her to the woods and down the stream.

Emma stood at the shore and undressed. She set her clothes neatly on a stone and stepped into the water. It was cold, but that didn't do anything to her. She washed the mud off. Shaun came behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I was thinking," he kissed her cheek. "I want you to meet my adopted parents," he said. "They raised me; I'm their son. And I want them to meet you if that's okay with you."

"Yes," she turned around and kissed him. "I would love to meet them."

"Good," he smiled. "But we'll wait once Eliana is good enough to do things on her own. I mean, pushing two babies out of her body, it took a toll on her. I praise you, women, for carrying your baby for eight to nine months. And then to endure the pain during childbirth. Your all strong women."

"Well, thank you," she kissed him.

"I'm still a bit sad," he said. "About losing our child."

She strokes his hair. "Hey, everything will be alright; we are going to start all over. We didn't plan that baby, and it wouldn't be fair to bring it into a dysfunctional home. But now that we are together, we can get married then have kids. I want to enjoy our marriage life before having any children."

"I love that idea," he smiled and lifted her.

Emma wrapped her legs around his waist and held on to him tightly. "I love you."

"It's the first time I hear you say it," he said. "I love you too, more than anything. I don't know what I would do with you. I almost lost you a couple of times."

"Those were frightening times," she said. "But I'm alive; you were not going to get rid of me that easily."

"I didn't want too," he said. "You're all I ever wanted. It pained me that you kept pushing me away."

"It pains me too," she said. "But I was doing it for Ariana. She was your wife; it wasn't fair for me to come into your life and ruin it. That isn't the kind of woman my mother Emilia raised."

"But now here you are," he said. "I have you in my arms now. And Ariana has someone that is going to take good care of her." He frowned. "Huh, she's a Luna, isn't that what you call the Alpha's wife?"

"Yes," Emma smiled. "Ariana is an important woman now. She will give Clayton strength whenever he's feeling down."

"That's good," he said. "I happy you came into my life, I mean, I was happy with Ariana, but I always felt lost. As if something was missing, and that was you. Emma, will you marry me?"

Emma looked at him. "I don't know; I may have to think about it."

"Really?" He bit her neck.

"Ow," she chuckled. "Shaun, I was kidding, of course, I'll be your wife. You know that's what I wanted since the day I met you."

"Good," he kissed her. "You are my world."

Emma ran her hands through his hair. "I love you so much."