Chapter 41

Deanna's POV

After our talk, I headed immediately to Ricci's room. He's already awake, he smiled but I don't have enough time to smile back.

Ricci: I'm about to have my check up, aalis ka?
Me: You can do it besides anjan naman si Ponggay. I'm going home.

He's taken aback but manages to smile again. And with that I left the room.

---

I tightened the grip on the steering wheel. Damn this traffic jam really sucks especially now. I stepped on the gas when the car in front of me starts to move. My mind can't stop thinking about Jema, on what will happened later. I miss her so much. I realized that I was blinded by my guilt.

I stepped out the car, I'm almost running going to the elevator. It's seems that everything was in slow motion. My feet seems too heavy with every step that I make. And finally I reached my destination, I'm home. I swipe my key card, and again a cold air brushed against my skin. I step in, the place was dark and it feels...it feels empty.

I turn on the lights, the place was so quiet. Every step, my heart is pounding faster and faster. My body was shaking and my tears are starting to form at the side of my eyes.

I checked every corner but no signs of Jema.

Maybe she's in her unit.

I thought to myself, without wasting time I enter in her unit and it feels the same. It was cold and empty, no Jema.

My knees are getting weak. I sat myself on the floor, hugging my knees, afraid that my body will shatter into pieces. I let my tears flow, my throat hurts for holding it back, so I just let myself cry that night.

No one's POV

Jema woke up in a room with white paint. She knows where she was, but she doesn't know what happened. A warm hand holding her hand, she look at the owner and it was her Dad. She looked around, on her right she saw her sister Mafe, who's now smiling at her brightly.

Mafe: Ma, Pa gising na si Ate.

Mafe slowly shake her mom who's sleeping on her side. The mid-aged woman rub her eyes lightly to make her sight clearer, likewise their dad was awake now.

Dad: Oh Jema, wag ka munang bumangon.
Jema: Okay na ako, kaya ko na Pa.

She insisted to stand even though she's still a bit dizzy. Her mother told her what have happen. But that is not the issue here. She stood up in front of Mafe's bed, with her hands cross her chest.

Jema: Let's stop talking about me, let's talk about you.

She said with serious voice but her tears starting to build up and was about to flow but she wipe it immediately.

Mafe: Ate naman, Hindi ka ba masayang buhay pa ako?

Mafe chuckled but Jema move towards her then grab Mafe's ear twisting it. Mafe then reacted on the contact.

Mafe: O--ouchhhh Ate bitiw na. Ma-masakittt

Jema let go of Mafe's ear that was red now.

Jema: Stupid!

And with that, she's crying again. Mafe smiled and hug her. Their parents are just smiling watching the two.

*Blaggggggggg*

Their gaze was averted to two person who have just arrived.

Cy: Uy sali naman kamiiii.
Ate Jovy: May drama palang naganap, Ang bagal mo kase Cy ndi tuloy natin naabutan.