Spectators

Later that night after the ship had already departed from the planet my pack and I found ourselves in the gym.

This was much easier than using an empty room at the academy.

There were still a few others awake who were also using the gym and they paused to look at us as we went over to some of the equiptment.

I could already see them looking at us wierd because of our clothes, while they were dressed in grey gym shorts and shirts we stood out in our black.

I started on the tredmail, weights and all while the others also did their warm-ups blocking out everyone else.

After we were done with our warm-ups we all moved to an empty area in the room to start our training.

We had been at it for a while and I noticed that we had gathered quite a crowd but we took our training seriously and ignored them.

By the end of the work out we were all dripping sweat and I could see alot of the people had their mouths hanging open from what we had done but we were barely half way finished.

Seperating again we did our weapons work and I immediately started with my whip.

"Would you be opposed to me trying?" Lune asked and I paused.

"You want control?" I asked trying to be clear, we had never done anything like this. After the merge her and Nahuatl had been quiet but I knew they were always observing me.

"What will happen?" I asked pulling the whip back towards me and ignoring the crowd around me.

"I will just be in control. It will feel strange for a while until you adjust." She said honestly and I nodded and a second later it felt as if I was swimming in my own body.

"This is very wierd." I said into my own head and spun around when I heard a low growl behind me.

Through the darkness I saw a pair of bright red eyes staring at me and gave a small nod to Nahuatl before turning back around and watching as Lune went to work with the whip.

The way she used it was much different than me. Her movements were fluid and without pause as if it was a part of her.

It was really beautiful to watch but it was still wierd not being in control of my body. When the feeling was getting to be too much for me I suddenly found myself back in control.

"Thank you Rebel. I know that it was not easy for you to relinquish control to me but I hope over time we will try again." She said and I nodded my head before I got back to my training.

We all met back up at the shooting area and the crowd we had attracted seemed to have doubled as we all lined up to take our shots.

We were done an hour later, just before breakfast so we went back to our quarters to shower and change before we went to the mess hall.

The people we passed along the way stopped and openly stared at us and when we walked into the mess hall all conversation stopped as they looked at us.

Getting our food. We found a partially empty table and sat down but as soon as we did, the current occupants got up and left.

I looked around at my friends and they seemed just as confused as me. Shrugging I started to eat my food when a shadow fell over me.

Looking up I found a big soldier staring down at me. His brown eyes looked at me with a bored expression while a few others gathered behind him.

"Can I help you?" I asked politely as he stared at me.

"Yeah you can. You can start by telling me what makes you guys so special. I heard you went through some type of special training, but we all worked hard to qualify. What makes you guys different?" He said and I sighed placing my fork down and turning fully to face him and his group knowing that this needed to be dealt with now before it got out of control.

Thank you Commanders for already making this hard for us.