Part 13

The rains cluttered the glasses on window and Neha tried calming the little cotton boll who was perhaps afraid with the lightning and thunders. In a matter of few minutes, Kavya calmed down and started playing with the pearls on Neha's earrings.

"I bought these dry tikkas with tea..." Zoya kept the trey on the bed and walked to the window to seal the latch.

she tried talking with topics that didn't involve Aditya but It took her a flick of a moment to understand Neha didn't like the company she had offered her and all the time she tried indulging herself in Kavya and her little squeals.

Zoya knew she had been the cause of this hatred of Neha and she had to end it, let it be the destruction of Aditya for one more time but later he won't regret her decision.

"You know Neha, he loves the succulents for the reason they keep thinking about their future... but one can not judge a person based on one of his thought processing." she herself was surprised with the philosophy she had started with.

"and what do you want to say Zoya?" Neha was already irritated to start a new unwanted banter.

"Ummm, okay...let me be honest, I know you are upset about the current events! But...

"Yeah, you are right. I am..." without skipping a beat she replied back." and I think I have the right to be upset."

She didn't come for such an outburst leave alone this kind of but she felt like saying it all to the person who was the sole reason for her loss.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have come here..." Realising the damage Neha made the little girl rest in her cot and creased her dress.

"I was the childish and outspoken girl at that time when we met, Yash and Me !! we were a match and I knew that as I started spending more time talking with him ... Zoya's voice was soft.

"why you are telling it to me ?" Neha wanted to just run away from this house.

"stay a moment Neha... I know you feel it is me why he has called off the engagement and actually I am sorry for I am the reason. But you know what, back then I broke his heart unintentionally and it took him really long time to heal himself up...

"and to break my heart?" her own tongue shook with the bitterness she uttered to Zoya but she felt paralyzed to stop herself.

"See... I need some time to accept all these things happening in my life and then when I am in a little peace I'll come and we'll talk about it. But for now, let us not broach these things Zoya." and with a swift kiss on Kavya's head, Neha left the room.

The evening incident had scared Zoya but at the same time she had a feeling what Neha did was rightful for her, otherwise, she was going to harm herself bottling all the anger.

And here Zoya needed to make her mother in law understand this thing if not Aditya because sometimes you just don't understand but it is not only the Love that is necessary for a relationship.

__________________________*____________________________

Unable to get any sleep He had been watching one old recording of IPL, the one between their respective favourites CSK and KKR... from the time they were in their school till last year much changed but not the teams they supported.

Sometimes these good memories made him feel nothing has happened but this thought was soon replaced with that deadly memory.

But Nowadays he had something beautiful to hang on and that was the thought of finally having his family, finally a life he had lost hopes for...

They were in talking terms with no bickering and no rough comments and that was a big thing for them.

But today there was something off in her tone when she said she was tired... did something happen there? he tried thinking any word in their conversation which could give him some clue but nothing came to his mind.