Part 23

"i never meant you to be jobless and you know that," she said calmly.

Though at that moment his text has brought a smile on her face but they needed to talk about it and now when he has reached Dublin she thought it was the right moment to do that.

"i don't know what conspired me at that moment, I was just joking." he lied tossing on the bed.

"are you lying to me?" she questioned him lowly.

There was no point in lying to her when she was already aware of it.

"actually I have already submitted my papers for the resignation and did not apply for the visa renewal so...

"but we had a talk about it so why all this pressure?" she reminded him of the talk on the terrace.

"yeah, I just thought it would be easy to start afresh somewhere else," he replied.

"i have my savings and could have managed to stay in Banglore in that old apartment of mine for two or three months before my Visa is renewed," he spoke about his plans.

"we can't run away from memories Aditya, they would keep chasing us all our life," she spoke remorsefully.

"yeah... but we will create new memories Zoya," he whispered to himself.

"then i have been offered a job in Delhi and I am planning to join the company," he said after a while.

"that's good," she replied taking a sigh of relief.

If God had blessed them with a good life then no one had a right to stop doing work and neglect his blessing.

"where is Kavya?" he asked about the girl already missing her cute tactics and her soft caresses on his cheeks.

"she is sleeping after her breakfast." Zoya replied as she resumed the dusting of the kitchen.

"I'll call in morning Zoya, I have to sleep now." he was very tired after the two flights and a total 20 hours of journey.

"Oh, okay..." she replied hastily.

"Zoya, I have got a call from the bank there are some documents which need both our signatures so... Anjana said entering the kitchen.

"okay Ma, I 'll just take a bath and come," she answered watering the little money plant on the kitchen window.

" by the way Zoya, dont know how the fireflies-plant was wet suddenly, we don't water the plant na!!" her mother in law asked her.

Now this question poured a bucket of cold water on her, she turned away and did she notice the way her cheeks turned pink on this question?

"actually... Ma, ummm..." she hesitated remembering the reason.

"it was my fault that day, I didn't see the plant," she replied and left the kitchen saying perhaps Kavya was awake.

Here Anjana wondered what happened to her actually.

___________*____________

Closing the doors of her room she pressed her palms to her heart to calm herself.

That hug was not anything intentional but a brief gesture of consoling and comforting her but that hug was not letting her sleep comfortably after he was gone.

She felt guilty to feel this way but this feeling of safety was way too addictive and she wanted to feel that for both of them. She wanted to see him happy and not the ruthless man he has become from last few years.