Unspoken

Angelica never graced the world with spoken words after her mother's tragic death. The physicians and Doctors her father hired to examine her could find nothing physically wrong with her. The servants often rumoured that her mother's spirit, mad with grief, had snatched away the child's voice on her way to the blessed kingdom.

That was 7 years ago.

With his 3 eldest sons married off, Sir Lagot had now to face the daunting task of finding a suitable husband for his only daughter, who now at 15, has come of age.

Though a wealthy man indeed, there was one thing he craved that his other children's unions could not give him, Titled heirs. He wished for descendants to be of royal stature. So he needed to find Lord or Baron in need of a wife.

Luckily for him, the heavenly father had blessed him with two objects in which to aid in the achievement of that goal.

The first: Though, mute his daughter was quite radiant, with hair like glittering gold and eyes like the ocean, she also bore a figure that symbolised high fertility. A sign many suitors with desires for healthy heirs searched for.

The second: His vast wealth.

Finding a suitor was not half as difficult as Augustus Lagot thought it would be. In fact quite easy, all it took was one evening in the local tavern. He met widowed Countess who had only the title, whose money was spent on the war. With only a castle and a few acres of land to her name, she had all her hopes on her youngest son.

In the dim firelight of a musty tavern, an arrangement was struck.