Chapter 20: Love

"Hanae! Don't you die!" Sans yelled at me and then he looked down. I winced and weakly looked up at him.

"I-I-Isn't this wh-what you wan-wanted?" I asked him

You

I coughed and winced. One of my hands still on the hilt of the knife. I was looking up at Sans and saw he was crying. I didn't know how to feel about it, he yelled at me this morning; telling me how I shouldn't be in this timeline. Why is he crying?

"What?! Why would you even think that! I never wanted you to die!!" Sans yelled at me as he tightened his hold on me. I winced some more from him squeezing me but it was ok, it'll all be over soon. I looked above me and saw a pink glow.

"It's almost time." I said and he shook his head as he looked up. My soul was floating above us, disintegrating into tiny pieces like in the save file.

Sans cried and shook his head.

"No! I am not letting this happen!" He said as he picked me up and teleported us. It knocked the wind out of me but I opened my eyes again to see that we were in a white room, "Alphys! Help me!" Sans yelled as he wiped a bunch of books off a table and set me down.

"Sans..."

"Alphys!"

"I-I-I'm comi-ing Sans. Wh-Wh-What's the probl-lem?" I heard Alphys as she walked in then gasped in shock. She covered her mouth and her eyes watered.

No, Alphys wasn't supposed to see me like this.

"S-Sans.." I said again, trying to get his attention.

"Alphys! What do I do! She is dying! We need to do something to stop it!" Sans pointed over to me and then the knife in my chest. Alphys rushed over and her hands were shaking. She was nervous.

"W-We can't remove the knife, it'd only cause more damage," She said, her stutter was gone but at the same time? She was still nervous. She didn't have to be nervous to stutter. Especially if she were serious. Both serious and nervous.

"What the hell do we do about that?!" He aggressively points to the pink soul disintegrating above me. It was a quarter gone already.

"W-We have to get more time. Bring her over here!" Alphys motioned for Sans to put me on a bed as she plugged in a bunch of machines. 

"It's alright Hanae, you will be fine." He says as he sets me down.

"I will go get one more thing, stay here. Keep her awake." Alphys says as she hurries out.

"Sans!" I yell at him as I hold onto his wrist. He stops what he's doing and looks me in the eyes. I smiled as I looked up at him, still crying a bit, "I-I'm not going to r-reset." 

"What? Of course not, you aren't going to die, Hanae. We will help you...Ok?" He sounded like he was pleading and I shook my head. Reaching my other hand up as I weakly wrapped my other hand around the knife.

"N-No, Sans..." I take a deep breath and shake my head, "Y-You were right...ngh.." I moved the knife a bit and winced.

"Hanae! Don't! Please!" He said as he gently places his hand on my arm and I shook my head, "I wasn't right. I was wrong ok? I was mad that you kissed that other Sans ok? I-I..."

"Hate me, I know. TH-That's why...ahh...why I am d-doing this..." I looked up at the ceiling as I ripped the knife out of my chest, "Agh! Nghhh! Guh!" I winced and rolled over on my side. Holding onto my chest as my vision got blurry and all I could hear was ringing in my ears. I saw a blue blur roll me back on my side. Sounds like shouting. I smiled as I choked on blood.