t w o

Y / N

My eyes fly open at the sound of my alarm. Class starts in an hour. Getting ready to go and leaving my dorm, I walk through campus and enter the classroom twenty minutes early.

Miya is already in her seat when I make my way to our shared desk. She's resting her head on her hand, doodling in her notebook with her free hand. When I sit next to her, she tilts her head to the side to look at me, furrowing her eyebrows slightly. She sets her pencil down. "You don't look completely dead inside this morning, what's up?"

"I think I had my first soulmate dream last night," I say, yawning into the palm of my hand.

"You what?!" She loudly exclaims, drawing the attention of all the other early overachievers in the room. "You what?" She whispers the words this time.

"Yeah, his name is Doyoung." I try thinking back to anything else that happened in the dream, but I draw a blank, only hearing his name along with a piercing noise.

Miya smirks, nudging me a few times, "Is he cuuuute?"

I inwardly groan at the question. "I mean I can't really remember his face clearly, so he couldn't have been that bad looking." She doesn't look fully pleased with my answer but drops it nonetheless.

"I wish I could have my first soulmate dream..." Miya trails off, picking up her pencil and going back to her doodles, this time choosing to draw clouds and stars.

I try to cheer her up, "We're still young, and besides, I just had mine yesterday, and I'm older than you."

"Yea– wait, what if we're in different time zones? Will I ever share a dream with them?" She starts to panic.

"They're your soulmate, it'll happen somehow." As a last resort, I use the one tool that will always bring Miya back to normal, "Any new comebacks you're excited about?"

Her head snaps up so fast it looks like she's going to break her neck. "I hear YG is getting ready to debut a new girl group."

"Really? I only try to keep up on SM groups, dare I say they have the best choreography."

She gasps dramatically, holding her hand to her chest, "I knew it was a good idea to get you into Kpop. I've trained you so well." She wipes an invisible tear before pulling out her notes, and we watch the professor walk in, starting a lecture about creative writing.

Class drags on as usual, and I find myself (once again) with an unreasonably long assignment due in a few days. Retiring back to my dorm room after the lecture, I work on my homework for hours on end, finally giving up and going to bed at around two in the morning.