Chapter 4

Right there in front of me, was a picture of my parents and myself, as a little girl.  Tears started forming in my eyes as I stand there,  frozen, staring at the picture. I had a similar picture in one if my boxes. I made sure not to look at it, not knowing what would have happened, though I expect it to be something like this.

I can feel both Bryan and Herald watching, not sure what to do,  probably not even knowing what's wrong.  I cant bring myself to say anything. I think they're afraid of my tears.

Bryan takes the first move and steps towards me, which results in me taking a step back, snapping my gaze to him. 

"It's okay Cayla." Bryan reassured me.  "You're going to be fine. It's okay."

While he was speaking, I watched him take slow, small steps my way and I let him. Once he was close enough, he opened his arms and I rushed into them, tears still streaming down my face.

"That is the first picture I've seen of then since their death." I choke out in between sobs. Hiccuping, I continue, "I'm sorry. I probably seem stupid for crying at such a small thing."

"No, Cayla you are perfectly fine. It's okay to cry.  And it's not stupid, it's called grief. Everyone who has lost someone has it." He tells me. 

I feel bad for Herald. While we're here having a family moment, he's standing off to the side awkwardly.

Pulling back from Bryan's arms, I wipe my eyes and sniffle.

"Okay, I'm good now. Sorry and thank you." I tell Uncle Bryan, looking up at him. He just gives me a small smile back.

"So...  Could I see my room so we can put my stuff up?" I ask looking at both of them.

"Of course!  This house is now your home and I hope you like it here. The third floor is yours mine is the forth, please don't go up there without my permission. The kitchen and dining room are on the second floor, and the living room and two spare bedrooms are on this floor."

I nodded to show him I understand everything. Wow, this house is really big. Looking around I realize it's much more open then what it looked like from outside. 

Bryan started leading us to the stairs in the middle of the first floor. They are wide, spiral stairs, which I think are so cute. The colors of the house so far consist of dark wood and white furnishings and dark wood flooring. Going up the stairs to the third floor took about 30 seconds.

"So this whole floor is yours. You have your own bathroom, your master bedroom, a walk in closet, that's on this side," he told me while pointing towards the right of the stairs, "and on that side is an empty room full of built in shelves. You could use that room for whatever you want. A game room, art room,  music room,  or even a library." He opened his mouth to say more but I interrupted him.

"A library. I mean um if that's alright with you."

He had a big, bright smile on his face. "Of course that's fine!  It's wonderful that you like to read. Most teenagers don't like to."

"Yeah," I reply with just as big of a smile, "I love to read!"

"Great!  Here let's go put these in your room so we can get the rest of your stuff. You must be exhausted from the ride."

I just nodded and stayed quiet,  following him towards my new room. I noticed Herald hadn't said a single word since we stepped into the house. I look at him and he meets my gaze with a soft smile, which I gladly return. I'm really going to miss him once he has to leave. 

Stepping into the room Bryan went into, I was shocked into even more silence. My new room was beautiful. The walls were a medium gray and the carpet was black and fluffy. The entire back wall was made of glass and on each wall adjacent to the glass had dark wood doors in the middle of the walls. I'm guessing those are the bathroom and walk in closet.  I then turned my attention to the furnishings. Directly in the middle of the room was a king sized bed with a dark wood bed frame that had pillars and a gray canopy on top. The sheets were silky and black, along with the comforter. There were dark wood bedside tables on each side, be the head of the bed,  and a chest at the foot. Across the bed was a light gray sofa with a glass coffee table in front of it, and a flat screen hung in front of the table above a fireplace. Damn this room is my dream room.  With a few additions it will be perfect.

"I love this room!" I exclaimed.  "It's amazing!  I love the gray and black!"

"I'm glad you like it Cayla. When I was first told you'd be coming, I asked Herald here what you liked and tried to match what he said. We can add anything you want. Make it cozier, more you, once you settle in."

"Okay!  Thank you!" I exclaimed again, a bigger smile then I've had for so long playing on my face.

"Your welcome!" He replied with an even bigger smile.

I really think I'm going to like it here with Uncle Bryan! 

A/N

I know this chapter is a little smaller, sorry,  I've been busy with school, and I'm going to start a schedule to write once or twice a week. So hopefully I'll have Chapter 5 up by the end of this week.