Fallen to Ashes: Part 2

The dream demon had phase one of his plan setting into place. The next thing to do was to find the girl's greatest fear. Heh, this is easier than I thought! He thought to himself as he flew out of the boy's mind and made his way to his twin, who was still twitching in her bed from the black magic. The demon then plunged into the girl's nightmare. It was in the Mystery Shack gift shop. The Dipper boy had his journal under his arm and was arguing with the Mabel girl over something. The demon leaned closer to the children to hear what they were saying. 

        " You can't go Dipper! I know you do this sort of thing all the time, but this is too dangerous!" 

"Mabel, I'll be fine! If im not back by tonight you can come looking for me!" He yelled as he stormed out the door with a bag of supplies slung over his shoulder before his sister could reply, slamming the door shut with all his might, causing the cheat Mystery Shack merchandise to shake on their shelves. She ran to the door and yanked it open, only to find that her stubborn twin had already vanished into the woods after some unknown creature. The girl sat down on the steps. He'll be back soon... She thought. Yeah, if I know Dipper he'll be alright. He's had a lot of close calls, but he always ends up alright. But something kept her waiting at those porch steps. She sat for hours, waiting for her brother to come out of the thick woodlands, throwing her head in the direction of any sound coming from the undergrowth, only to find a squirrel, or a rabbit. Soon the sun began to set. Something wasn't right

        Finally she stood up, grabbed her grappling hook, water, a first-aid kit, 2 apples and flew out the door into the woods with her glowing lightbulb sweater lighting the way. She'd been walking for a good 30 minutes before she heard something coming from underneath a large bush.

        L-leave m-e alone! D-don't hurt me!" said a weak voice.

"Dipper?" She yelled as she ran to the bush and pulled the small branches away, revealing a small boy, crumpled up in a ball in the center, with a ripped vest with stuffing fluff coming out from the rips, and blood seeping through his shirt and white and blue hat.

        "M-Mabel? Is that you?"

"Yes its me Bro Bro! What happened?"

" You were right..." He mumbled.

"Right about what Dip?"

"I shouldn't have gone out alone... I'm too stubborn for my own good..."

"It's gonna be fine Dip, you're gonna be fine!" She said as tears formed in her eyes as she pulled out the small first-aid kit from her bag and pulled out disinfectant, along with grabbing her large bottle of water. She quickly pulled her sweater over her head, revealing a pink tee shirt, and poured water onto the sleeve (after turning off the light on the sweater of course...) and began to wipe the dirt and blood off his cuts, and then opened the disinfect and rubbed a little bit on each cut. Finally finishing by covering the cut in a band-aid or gauze. Yet before she could finish, her brother had lost too much blood.

"I'm sorry Mabel..." He whispered.

"For what? You're going to be fine aren't you?"

"I don't think I am Mabel... I should've listened to you... I'm sorry." He closed his eyes, and his pulse stopped. The demon rolled his eye. How CHEESY. He thought. Did they SERIOUSLy need to have the same worst nightmare about eachother? I guess I'll have to improvise a bit... But how...? Meh, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I know have all the info I need for now. He began to float out of the girl's dream. The demon then simply snapped his fingers and the two children awoke with a yell, their cheeks glistening with tears. They exchanged a simple look at eachother and instantly felt a bit of comfort knowing that the other was still very much alive. At least for now. The demon thought with a laugh that would chill even the bravest to the core. From here on out things are going to get interesting...