1. Spin the bottle

The hands on the clock were moving painfully slow. Luke sat at the plain, wooden school desk watching the seconds tick by slowly, waiting for the bell to ring. Sadly, it seemed like it would be an eternity until he heard that familiar shrill signaling freedom.

Already 18 years old, it was nearing the end of Luke's senior year at this hellhole of a high school. "Luke!" Luke turned away from the clock to find his teacher standing in front of him glaring. She tapped her foot impatiently and motioned to his empty desk. "Where is your homework?" she asked him and by the look on Luke's face, she sighed and turned away disappointed, "If you keep forgetting to do assignments, it's going to hurt your grade and future. Come see me after-." The bell rang just then, rescuing Luke from his teacher finishing her sentence. He quickly slung his backpack over his shoulder and hurried out of the classroom. On his way out of the building, he stopped by his locker to stuff some textbooks in and lighten the load. Luke continued down the hallway and pushed one of the double doors open.

The sunlight hit him in his face and he squinted at the sudden change in brightness, making him look somewhere in between an angry druggie and a confused freshman on his first day of school. He had to walk home so he began his long trek to his house at a fast pace. He didn't even make it off campus before he heard someone shout his name. He turned to see a group of seniors sitting on the ground in a circle not far from where he stood. One boy, however, was facing him and waving his hand back and forth to catch Luke's attention.

"Luke! Why don't you play with us?" shouted the boy Luke knew as Michael. Michael was the kid everyone knew but who wasn't necessarily popular. Michael was the troublemaker in class. Michael was the mischevious kid good people like Luke would avoid.

Luke tried to resist, "I can't. I have to go-." He was cut off when Michael ran over to him and grabbed his arm, giving Luke a smug grin. Michael pulled Luke over to the circle of his friends and forced him to sit down.

"We're going to play Spin the bottle."

The beer bottle made a scraping bottle against the cement that made Luke wince. Maybe this isn't so bad. I'm bad at socializing and even worse at making friends. This game could be my opportunity to make friends and maybe even get a girlfriend before I graduate highschool. One of Luke's friends, Ashton, had chosen to go first out of the 8 people; 3 boys and 5 girls. There's a higher chance that anyone I kiss will be a girl. That's good because it would be just be weird if I had to kiss a boy.

The bottle started to slow down and Luke for a second thought it would point to him, but at the last second, it swung another few degrees to choose a pretty girl next to him. Thank god. Ashton smiled and leaned over to the girl, not even hesitating to kiss her passionately. Everyone cheered him on and it lasted for a good 20 seconds before Ashton released her. The turns for spinning went around the circle, each time missing Luke, until it was Michael's turn, who was seated next to him on the ground. Michael gave it a good twist and sent it spiraling around. It seemed for forever before it finally stopped. At Luke. Oh god. This can't be happening. I don't want to kiss a boy.

Luke was so shocked that he didn't register the mischevious glint in Michaels eye as he leaned in to kiss Luke. Michael pressed his lips against Luke and cupped his face in his hands. Luke's mind finally back in the present, began to taste the other boy's mouth. It tasted like pizza; pepperoni to be exact. It wasn't until he heard the people surrounding him urge him on that he remembered where he was and he quickly jerked away from Michael. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Michael raised his eyebrow, the one Luke noticed had a piercing on, and asked, "Was that your first kiss?"

Luke stammered, "Of-of course not." He could feel his cheeks heat up and redden at the lie.

Michael just mouthed "I'll keep your secret," and winked.

Is he hitting on me? Luke stood up hastily. "I have to go home now," he told Michael and spun around and walked away as fast as he could, trying not to let anyone see the awkward, growing bulge in his pants.