Duo's Oh No's

Tuesday, another day of a cliché school year.

"Great, I'm off to another day of being the awkward guy at school. You useless twit." pagdadrama ni Yojiro habang pinipindot-pindot ang sarili niya sa harap ng salamin.

"Whatever, let's just get this boring day over with."

After mag self reflection sa salamin (pun intended), kinuha ni Yojiro ang bungal niyang suklay na nasira dahil sa kakapalan ng buhok niya, you know like Harry Potter. Pilit niyang sinusuklay ang magulo niyang buhok pero parang nilagyan na ng fertilizer yung scalp niya sa sobrang haba ng buhok niya.

"Ugh, makisama ka naman!"After fixing his mushroom-like hair, he wore his Royal Violeta uniform, went downstairs and sat by the dining room.

"Oh? First thing in the morning nakakunot 'yang noo mo." natatawang sabi ni mama ni Yojiro.

"How's school yesterday?"

"Nothing special. I gotta go na."

"Osya, go home early ha." tumango nalang si Yojiro at umalis ng bahay.

Then, Yojiro arrived at Royal Violeta and headed to his class immediately. He sat down and just drew kung ano mang dalhin ng imahinasyon niya. That's what he does every single day. Drawing, dahil alam niya doon lang siya magaling. Bigla namang sumulpot si Chase, you know, looking and living the Casanova title.

"Yo, Yoji." tawag ni Chase habang nagwawave kay Yojiro nang pasikreto.

Nagwave din pabalik si Yojiro pero mukhang pagod at walang buhay.

"Bakit malungkot ka yata?" tanong ni Chase. "You look more quiet than usual."

"Wala namang ganap ngayon? So normal lang naman sigurong mabagot diba?"

"True, true."

All of a sudden, the door smashed again and there he is. Their Calculus Professor have arrived once again. You'd hear the sound of silence on that very moment. Of course, no one could make frustrating reactions since second day palang ng class.

"Morning, class. Guess what? Today we're having our first activity."

"This is the second time we met and activity na agad. Wala talagang interesting na mangyayari ngayon." sabi ni Yojiro habang mukhang naiinis.

"I prepared a simple activity para magising naman kayo. Okay? Oh don't worry, this is by duos so you would learn more about each other. Your assigned partner would be the one sitting next to you. Go along."

All of a sudden, Amber stood and tried to get close to Chase.

"Miss, I did not tell anything that you could change your seat."

Amber rolled her eyes at the professor while being annoyed by that slight embarrassment, "Okay! Fine."

"We would not do introduce yourself, since that one is overly stretched. We'd do this instead."

"Looks like we're duos now, Yoji." Masayang sabi ni Chase.

"St-stop calling me that, okay? We're not close enough para tawagin mo akong ganyan." Pahiyang sabi ni Yojiro while looking like a shaking stick.

"This activity is simple anyways. You'll just introduce yourself as usual, but to your partner. And tell him or her your first impression. Lastly, tell them what you'd expect this school year, whatever it may be."

Everyone seems to be having fun after what the professor have said. Chase and Yojiro are smiling while Amber is crunching her face.

"I hate this game. A LOT."

After the instruction, Chase quickly looked at Yojiro and introduced himself.

"Chase Nolasco, 17. Yojiro, you look innocent by the way. But your drawings tell me that you're the opposite way. I just want to experience something different this year." happily stated by Chase.

"Yo-Yojiro Mendez, 15. You're really being fc to me. And lastly, I want to find something interesting this year. That's all." mahinang sabi ni Yojiro.

The room is filled with noise. Everyone's chattering, and everybody seems to be getting good.

"Girl, I'm totally not liking this." painis na sabi ni Amber.

"I should be having my time with my Chase and look at him. Hanging out with that little twat."

"Girl, chill. You'll be together after this. As if Chase is going to make patol with that guy noh?"

After that short but fun activity, the class officially started their first lessons with the new school year.

12 p.m. At the cafeteria of Royal Violeta.

"Babe, I missed you! What should we have today? Lasagna? Pizza? Carbonara?" pangugulit ni Amber.

"Up to you." blankly said by Chase.

"Why are you being so cold today, huh? And first of all, shouldn't you have tried approaching me kanina sa activity?"

"What do you mean cold? I'm totally me right now, babe."

"Look, I don't want you to be hanging out with that mushroom head ah. He's totally uncool. Besides he's not popular, so why the f would you come close to him?" Amber said habang hinahalo yung milktea nya.

"He's shy, okay? That's why I find him interesting. He needs a friend, you know. I'm pretty sure you don't wanna be alone." paliwanag ni Chase.

"You find him interesting, but not me. You're unbelievable."

Then there's Yojiro, eating the usual freshly cooked corndogs from the cafeteria. Ayun lang siya, naglalakad while looking for a seat. It's too crowded sa cafeteria at medyo nahihilo na siya kaya bigla nalang niyang natabig yung milktea ni Amber.

"Oh, my, golly. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" galit na galit na sabi ni Amber habang gulat pa rin sa nangyari.

"S-sorry. I didn't mean it, I swear!"

"Your useless sorry can't do anything! Can you clean that and get the f out my face? Now!"

Nagmadali si Yojiro papuntang utility room to get a mop. Pero hindi niya alam, sinundan pala siya ni Chase.

"Ako na, Yoji."

"NO! AKO NA!" pilit ni Yojiro habang mangiyak-ngiyak na.

"Yoji, I insist."

"Pero magagalit si Amber."

"I can cool her off. You better stay sa classroom for now."

"P-pero..."

Chase took the mop and headed to the cafeteria. Natulala nalang si Yojiro sa nangyari. His tears fell down to his cheeks, pero blanko pa rin siya.

"This is not the interesting that I wished a while ago."

Dumeretso na si Yojiro sa classroom nila, and umupo sa usual spot niya. He took out his sketchbook and wrote something.

"Thank you, Chase."