Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Mr. Monroe had just dismissed Katie and I from detention and we were walking rather awkwardly towards the front doors. We walked on opposite sides of the hallway just to make sure we didn't end up getting in a fight.

"I hope you know I'm not going to back down." I state.

"I figured as much. I'm just curious as to what you're going to do to take my place. I mean, it's not like people even like you as much as me."

"Are you kidding me? Everybody hates you except your little groupies. People are scared of you and avoid you to make sure you don't lash out at them!" I was getting frustrated with her.

"I think you're delusional because all I see is people practically bowing before me and offering to do my homework."

When she said that I got so angry that I quickened my pace and stalked away from her. I remembered that Brandon had driven me to school and he had left an hour ago, so now I had to walk home. Just one more thing to make my day even worse.

Even though Katie hates me, I know she's jealous that I'm with Brandon. He turned her down last winter when she asked him out. His excuse was that he didn't have time for a girlfriend because he needed to 'devote himself to basketball'. That's better than what he says to most girls though. Usually he flat out says no.

I'm deep in thought when a car horn right behind me makes me jump a foot in the air. I whipped my head around to see who the culprit is and there behind me is the one and only, Brandon. I jump into the passenger seat and give him a kiss.

"I thought you already left!" I exclaim.

"I was waiting for you but you didn't see me when you came out of the school. You looked pretty mad." he comments.

"I was! Katie is just so obnoxious. I can't stand her!"

"Is that why you're putting yourself through this torture?" he asks.

"Partly..."

"Well I think I know something that will make it better. Do you want me to teach you to play basketball tonight?"

"Sure! Just don't make fun of me when I suck!"

"You won't suck, look who your teacher is." he says, gesturing to himself.

"What time are you picking me up?"

"Is six fine?"

"Yup!"

I'm sitting in my room trying to figure out what you wear on a basketball date. I knew that I had to wear something comfortable but I didn't want to wear sweats and look like a slob! I needed help from Sarah, she was a fashion expert.

'Fashion emergency!!! Basketball date!!!' I texted and she knew exactly what my dilemma was.

'I'll be over in 10' was her reply.

Not knowing what do do with myself until she got here, I paced my room nervously before finally deciding to style my hair. I did a french braid into a ponytail and checked my reflection, satisfied. Just as I finished Sarah burst into my room. She was out of breath which meant she must have run here. Sarah never runs.

"Hi." she breathed.

"Hey, sorry for making you run but i have no idea what to wear! Brandon's teaching me to play basketball."

She didn't even reply, she just walked to my closet and started rifling through all my clothes. In a few minutes she withdrew a red Hollister T-shirt and a pair of black, spandex shorts. She knew that I loved the way my bum looked in those shorts.