1 - FOREVER & ALWAYS

CHAPTER 1 - FOREVER & ALWAYS.

"I love you. Forever and always, baby."

Those were the last seven words I heard from him after he left. It's been a month now and I'm still hoping he'll come back. Right here, right now.

'Tok tok.' I quickly put down the picture frame, startled.

"Mom?" I asked when I heard someone knocking. The knob turned and I saw my mom peeped in.

"Let's go?" She asked me softly.

I heaved a sigh. "I'll be down in 5, mom." She gave me a half smile then shut the door.

I took the picture frame once again and stared at it. My sight began to blur.

"Bye baby, I wish I'll see you again soon." And with that, I began sobbing so hard that I couldn't breathe anymore. I sat down on the carpeted floor of my former bedroom and tucked in my knees, staring into space. I just let the tears roll freely. I couldn't stop it anyway, I couldn't take reality anymore.

+ FLASHBACK +

"Babe. Slow down." I said firmly.

"Just sit and relax. I'll get you home in time." Grey said groggily.

"You're drunk, Grey. Please slow down. We never should've come to this stupid party! You're gonna get us into bigger trouble if we get into an accident!" I snapped.

"Ooooooh baby! You had fun right?! Why so grumpyyyyy?!" He shouted playfully and I slapped him on his right arm.

"Just please slow down. I'm scared. You're driving sooo fast." I whispered.

"You don't have to be scared." He reached for my hand and faced me. He kissed the back of it. "I love you, forever and always, baby."

************************************************************************************

"Flight S1402J going to Gold Coast, Australia, please proceed to Gate M-28."

This is reality. This is it.

My mom held my hand and gave it a squeeze. I sighed, a long one.

"Are you ready honey?" My mom asked as we walked towards the gate.

I immediately stopped walking and they turned their gazes at me. "Do I have a choice?" I asked, high hopes all over my voice.

"No hun, we want you to be ready for this, we're doing you a favour. It's time for you to start a new life because you deserve one. Leave all the pain and sadness and loneliness here in London." My dad caressed my cheek as a tear rolled down once again.

"We don't wanna see you cry anymore. Promise us that as soon as you step on the land of Australia, you'll try, just try to forget alright?" My mom asked me, it's like she's too impatient to get over this.

"It's not that easy.... I never even had a complete explanation about what happened that night and I want to know so bad but-" They stared at me, their eyes giving me the queue to proceed. "But I'll try my very best.. For me and for you guys." They gave me one last bear hug and we entered the plane.