3 - GOOD START

CHAPTER 3 - Good Start

After 1234567890 years (I'm kidding), the plane has finally landed. I felt the wind on my face as if I was outside the plane. It's not my first time to ride a plane but this felt a bit different than my last plane rides.

"And we've landed. You may unbuckle your seat-belts now and welcome to Gold Coast, Australia. Thank you for choosing Lufthansa airlines. The main and back doors will open soon. Have a great day ahead." the flight attendant informed us and through the telephone-like microphone and I can sense that she was smiling the whole time she was talking.

I unbuckled my very tight seat-belt and stood up. Mom and dad did the same and as if the plane can read people's minds, the overhead compartments popped open to reveal our hand-carried bags. Since I'm such a midget, I'm struggling to get my bag but someone took it for me.

"Here ya go kid." I looked up to see Josh again, Mr. Rude guy, holding up my bag.

"What are you doing here again?" I snapped, snatching my bag from him.

"Uhh, we rode the same plane and I'm pretty sure just a while ago that we're gonna see each other again." He explained in a matter-of-fact way.

"Yeah darling, why can't you just thank him for taking your bag for you and wait, have you guys met before?" Mom said, confused.

"Um kind of. Lets just go, the doors are open." I said and quickly walked to the main door.

"Who's that Avery?" My dad said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yes honey, who was that?" Mom asked, brows wrinkled.

"God! Mom, Dad, I just met him when I was on my way to the lavatory. Nothing special." I rolled my eyes. "Lets just get out of this plane & head to our new house." I said over my shoulder giddily while walking through the aisle towards the plane's main door.

I didn't even listen to their reactions, I just walked out of the plane and headed towards the immigration area. So much hate for these lines. So many people are queueing to get their passports stamped.

"We always find our way back to each other, don't we?" Mr. Rude guy, a. k. a Josh smirked.

"You're here again?!" I laughed.

"Nah, this is just my hologram you're talking to." Josh said sarcastically.

"Hmm, pretty impressive I must say." I smirked.

"Well, that's my forte." He winked.

Flirty huh.

"So hey, where do you live here in Aussie? Or you guys are just on vacation?" He asked.

"Yep, we're actually going to live here from now on but I don't know where exactly. My parents are going to kind of surprise me later."

Speaking of parents, where the hell are they?

"Hey Josh, I gotta go, gotta find them. Hope to see you again!" I didn't wait for his answer and made a dash to check the other lines for my parents. God I wish I have a phone right now. Sucks that it was crashed to pieces during the accident. Even I couldn't find my laptop, they said it crashed too because it was also inside the car. Even my iPad. Everything sucked during those times.

But ugh. How could I leave him just like that without even asking for his number or address?

'Because guys are supposed to ask girls for their number and address, not you.' My subconscious told me.

Ugh whatever. Where's my parents?

"Avery! Where have you been?!" My dad's voice boomed.

"Oh! I was looking for you guys! And I was looking for a shorter line too." I answered.

"Well lets just get through this and go home." My mom said calmly.

We queued up and after going through immigration, we took our luggages and hailed a cab outside the airport.

And I never got to see Josh again.

*************************************

Inside the cab, we were seated silently behind the driver, staring out the window.

Oh my God.

I am so lucky we're going to live here. We passed by the Surfers Paradise beach. I'd definitely learn how to surf here. A few minutes later, we arrived at our new house.

Scratch the house, this is definitely a penthouse. Wow.

I decided to roam around later or tomorrow and quickly settled in my new room.

I'll fix my stuffs later. I thought. I need to rest. My mom's arranging some things for my new school and dad's doing tons of calls, saying that he's arrived in this beautiful country and is ready to start working tomorrow.

As I was preparing for bed, my mom appeared on my door. "Hun what do you want for dinner?" She asked.

"Not hungry mom. I'm actually knackered. I'll see you guys tomorrow okay? Goodnight mom!" I beamed.

I thought she was leaving but instead she went inside my room and sat beside me on my bed.

"Do you like our new place hun?" She asked sweetly.

"Of course mom! This is so awesome. It's like living in Manhattan but with a beach beside it!" I told her excitedly. Mom chuckled.

"I'm glad you're forgetting. I'm so happy for you darling. I'm happy because I'm seeing that beautiful smile again." She said sincerely as she tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

"Mom, I can never forget. I just move on. Of course I'm trying, trying to be happy. For you guys."

"Don't be happy just for me & your dad but also be happy for yourself. You're such a strong woman, you went through all those hard times, fought them and look at you now, still smiling even though it still hurts. That's a sign that you're brave. That you overcame those challenges. But don't ever forget that me and your dad are always here for you. No matter what. I know you know that. But I just wanna say it. To remind you. You're going to have a new life here and I'm going to make sure of that. If you need to rule your whole senior year then fine, you will rule it." She laughed. I laughed with her.

"Hey, thanks mom. You're the coolest mom a daughter could ever get. And don't you ever forget that too." I winked.

"Sure I won't. That's the best thing my daughter could ever say to me." She winked back. "Okay, I'll let you rest already. I'll just finish some of your school papers for school tomorrow." She said, tucking me in. I feel like a 7-year-old little girl.

"Alright. Don't stay up late. Goodnight mom, tell Daddy I said goodnight." I kissed her cheek.

"I will. Have a good sleep sweetheart." She smiled and left, closing the door behind her.

Funny how I'm still so close to my parents when I'm already 16. Aren't teenagers nowadays supposed to be rebellious and stuff? I thought and laughed. I'm glad I'm very close to them. Without them, I'll never get through these shits that's been happening to me.

God how I miss Grey. They even stopped mentioning him. I miss how me and mom talks about him every single day. I miss how we always giggle whenever Grey did something very sweet. I miss how my life was before.

I miss you Grey. Please, wherever you are, help me. Help me heal. I want to start over. I want this pain to go away. I want to stop missing you because it hurts so much. I want you to go back here, with me.

Memories made their way to my head once again. But this time, they're the happy ones. And once again, I'm smiling in my sleep.