The Sly Case Files

I was scouring the faded blue file cabinets in the dark records room in search for information relating to this Sly guy. He's been bugging my mind for months now, ever since Starr sent me and other scouting members of the Merritown Hero Force to stalk him and another ex-member, Scarlet A. Sly was kicked out of the force for breaking some rules that were enforced for "It's none of your business" reasons. Scarlet A voluntarily resigned from the force not too long after that. I really wanted to know what Sly did that had Starr concerned enough to have us stalk him at his high school.

I tirelessly probed the blue folders and found nothing relating to Sly, at least the one Starr had us stalk. All I could find were the real names and identities of all the other members of the force, all whose codenames began with the letter 'S'. None of them matched the description of Starr's Sly. I kept on probing the 'S' cabinet when, suddenly, I could hear the door open behind me.

"What are you doing here, Jay-Jay?"

I turned around and saw a dark-skinned boy with a red and white polo shirt with the standard black uniform pants and matching black glasses. It's my friend, Agent G. He and I attended the same middle school together, back when it was safe to call him by his real name, Gordy Clarkson. He was a member of this force since he was eleven years old. Me, since I was thirteen. This was not surprising since the Merritown Hero Force is linked between six schools: two middle schools and four high schools. That, and he was extremely bright for his age, just watch him do his magic with spare PVC pipes and air guns. It won him second place in the International Science Fair, a competition that is usually won by uber-smart teenagers from countries outside of America.

"Hey what's up, Agent G?" I said to him "I was just looking up info on something important."

"You are not supposed to be in this room, Jay-Jay. This room is for research officers only." Agent G sternly replied.

"Oh. I didn't know that." I replied fearfully. I was afraid of what he is going to do to me. Starr hated people who break the team's rules.

"That's okay. I'll let you off for now. I have research to do here, too." He replied faux-calmly. "Just don't do this again without asking me."

I briefly looked up at the celling in response to his faux-calm tone and noticed two newly-installed security cameras pointed at us. I looked back at him with a fake smile and stepped away from the 'S' cabinet.

"So, what are you looking up?" he said to me excitedly.

"I am looking for information regarding this Sly person" I calmly replied "I wanted to know what he did to deserve w- "

"Don't mention that degenerate's name here." He interrupted. He then grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the open 'S' cabinet.

"B- but why?" I replied as I tried to wriggle myself away from his grasp.

"He was a traitor to the force. A walking disgrace." He replied in an unnaturally stern tone. His voice sounded more like that of a soldier who was ready to murder someone, not the soft intellectual tone that he normally talks in

"What made him such a disgrace?" I said as my blue-and-white shirt barely covered my face from the dragging. I was hoping that his normal voice will return.

"It's none of your business." He replied as he dragged me towards the bright hallway. "Now, do you want strawberry ice cream or pepperoni pizza?"

I looked at him in fear of what he had just said. Are those exotic punishments for those who break the rules? Does he know that I am not hungry?

"I am just asking you an honest question. Do you want strawberry ice cream or pepperoni pizza?" he said in his more usual calm tone.

"Where are you taking me?" I said to him fearfully.