5

~A Few Days Later~

Stokeley

I woke up and stretched. Ever since I killed that guy the other day, I've been feeling great..accomplished. Me and Jarad have been getting along more too. He'll yell at me less. I reached over and grabbed my phone off of my bedside table. 

The time read 6:30 AM

"Damn it. Missed the buss.." i muttered.

Well i mean, I have a car..but driving isn't really what I wanna do sometimes, so I ride the bus. And since i'm already late, there's no point in me rushing to get there. I laid in bed for another 15-20 minutes then got up and went to get into the shower. I didn't even stop to look in the mirror. I don't feel like having a mental breakdown. I removed my clothes, turned on the shower to the hottest setting, and stepped in. The steamy air from the burning hot water hit my body, making me shiver. After cleaning myself, I got out of the shower and dried off. I put on a plain yellow hoodie, some light skinny jeans, and my yellow vans that matched the hoodie.

I went into the bathroom, put my leg up on the counter and slapped my thigh.

"Eeeeoooow! Gettin' thick!" I exclaimed.

I walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs. I heard footsteps rushing into the kitchen as I began to walk out of the door. Jarad ran up and hugged me. 

"Bye little dude." He said as he walked back up to his room.

I walked out of the house, went to my car, and plugged in the aux, so I'd have something to listen to on the way to school.

•••

Jahseh

I woke up, rolled out of bed, and went to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror. 

Red eyes...light red scars trailing up my arms...eye bags... red nose..tired expression..

I decided that I just wouldn't go to school today. I missed the bus anyways and Stokes was probably already at school. The kidnapping incident NEVER leaves my mind. Whenever I feel happy enough to come out of my room and spend time with anyone, the memory always comes back to corrupt the happiness. I've been in my room for at least 3 days. I haven't eaten since i came back home..I just don't leave my room. If I go to school, it'll just get worse. They'll tease and bully me..everyday..just like they used to. I don't need that ever again. I'd never wish that on my worst enemy..

I stepped away from the mirror and the blade that was still sitting on the counter from yesterday's actions. I left it there, deciding not to put myself through more pain today. I got into the shower and turned it to the warm setting. Even the feeling from the warm water made me wince in pain. My body hasn't stopped hurting since it happened. My mom keeps bringing me food but it never goes down, I always think of the incident. I end up projectile vomiting into the trash can beside my bed. I stepped out of the shower, dried off, then just put on boxers, shorts, and a hoodie. I turned the tv on and just left it on the news channel since that's the first channel that it turns to when you turn it on. I started to doze off but quickly shot up from the covers when I saw the face of my kidnapped on the screen. There were ambulances and firefighters.

"Andrew Mattias has been badly burned to death inside of his Florida home. Witnesses say the house broke out into flames around 10:30 PM last night. If you have any information about the case, please contact 1-800-FAKEASSNEWSCHANNELHOTLINE.net. Back to you, Taylor." said the smiling black woman on tv.

I grabbed the remote and shut the tv off. 

'He's gone' I thought

It felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Though I'd never forget the experience, the fact that he is no longer capable of hurting others gives me some type of relief.

I sighed in relief and finally dozed off.

~Stokeley~

I'm mad as fuck because Jahseh isn't freaking here. I get that sometimes you just wanna skip school but he hasn't been here for 2 days in a row and his mom said that he won't cone out of his room. I miss him a lot and hoped he'd be here today, so I could see him. You're probably asking.."wHy DoNt YoU jUsT gO sEe HiM.??" And the answer is because the author is making the damn story too fucking dramatic so I can't see him and make him not be sad.

Stop breaking the fourth wall, Stokes. Dont make me kill you off...

I mean...stop asking why I can't see him..damn. nOsEy...

I put my hood over my head, tightening the straps and put my head down. I guess I fell asleep because I woke up to the sound of the bell. Apparently we didn't do anything anyways,  because the textbooks on the shelf were still in mint condition. I lazily walked to the next period, irritated at the fact that I wasn't able to surprise Jah in the hallway and get to see the cute little scared look on his face...or his smile at lunch when Diego said something funny. 

"DAMN NIGGA WALK FASTER!" some dude at the back of the line for the class yelled.

I stuck my middle finger in the air, hoping he would see it and fuck off..

Jarad

Well, Stokes is at school and he left his door open so, I decided to snoop through his stuff. I looked under neath the bed— nothing. Then, I checked the little drawers in his bedside table. There were a whole bunch of notes and notebooks. I checked the bottom one and began to tear up.. Rubbing alcohol...a razor...some cotton balls..and a towel.

"Why?" I whispered.

Because the author loves to be dramatic.. 

"Stop breaking the fourth wall!" I yelled

"STOP YELLING AT THE DAMN AUTHOR BEFORE SHE OFF YO ASS!" my mother screamed from down the stairs.

That's happenening anyway..hehe..

"What what'd you say?" I asked the air.

No response. I guess she left.

I read through all of the notes.. They were mainly poems. The notebook was a diary. I took it into my room to read later. I wanna know what he thinks about sometimes.

I opened it up and began to read the first page:

1-16-19

Christmas is over! Thank gOd. I hate going around and hugging my strong perfume wearing ass aunties. Making my allergies act up. Jahseh got me a present. It's a cute little heart necklace with a picture of us inside. It makes me feel warm when I look at it. I love Jah. He's so sweet. All I got him was another REVENGE hoodie and I drew him a picture. It felt like i was a 7 year old giving a gift to a 18 year old. He pretended like he loved it so that I would be happy. I know he was pretending...nobody wants a hoodie and a half-decent drawing for Christmas. I gotta step up my game..

I only read the first page before getting scared of the fact that he could come home at any time of the day. I put the notebook back into the drawer and went back to my room to take a nap.

(A/N: Ugh...idk what to write, man. Should I even keep updating the story??)