10

I glance at the time on my Kimoyo beads tapping my feet.

I'm extremely late.

"Go."T'Challa says still signing his papers and not looking up at me.
"No...what if another outsider comes, or W'kabi or an assassin? You know that happened to a lot of important leaders when their guards weren't on guard."I explain standing still next to him as he sat on his throne.

"Khwezi, The Dora Milajes are everywhere, I'll be fine, Go."he says pointing at the door with his pen.

"Okay, be safe,make sure you don't have a near death experience, call me immediately if something happens... please T'Challa."I plead looking down at him making him chuckle and nod.

"Thank you."I say kissing his forehead and jogged out as I had to go get changed.

"You've finally decided to join us Khwezi."M'baku says holding out his hand making me blush as the room was full of his people.

M'baku was throwing a banquet for whatever reason and he had invited me, Finally.

He had these every month but I unfortunately was unable to go because we were meant to be enemies.

"Mandla, get my queen a chair please."M'baku requests kissing my hand and placing his hand on my lower back.

A dark skinned young man then placed a wooden chair next to M'baku making me sit comfortably next to him.

"Thank you."I say smiling at him making him nod in response.

"I'm glad that you could join us." M'baku says kissing my forehead as we walked through the cold hallway. "I'm glad you invited me."I say holding his big hand tightly.

---

"I feel guilty, your servants have so many dishes to wash."I say as he opened the door leading to his bedroom.

"Don't worry about that my love."he says kissing my forehead leading me to his balcony.

"M'baku it's freezing up here, this isn't normal."I say shivering frantically at the cold breeze that would blow in my direction constantly.

"You get used to it my love, I've lived here for years now."he says chuckling as I hugged him for warmth.
"You use your melanin poorly, my love."I say shaking my head.

"Can we go to your bed and cuddle, I need it."I say before I knew it I was being carried by M'baku into the room bridal style making me giggle and demand him to put me down.

"Mmh remember the day we met."I say giggling as the sudden memory flashed into my head as he gently placed me on the bed.

"I know I can, be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I want to be."I sang to myself whilst touching grass as I walked to the valley just to sit at my 'spot' when I want to sit alone.

It's been 9 years since my mother died and I miss her each and everyday.

I then hear shuffling behind me, I sigh and look behind me to see nothing but I still felt someone watching me.

I then tackle the person when I could hear and feel where they were exactly.
"Who are you?!"I yell removing his hoodie from his head and made sure that he was secure underneath me.

"Unhand me female! Do you know who you're holding right now?!"he asks trying to get out of my grasp making me roll my eyes.

"Why are you stalking me?"I ask glaring at him.

"I'm not stalking you, I thought T'Challa would be here."he says still twisting and turning underneath my grasp.

"I'm his guardian, what do you want?"I ask as I started to become protective "Guardian?"he asks immediately stopping.