Chapter One

The jumping bus tossed kids out of their seats, among them. A small, petite little girl who went by the name of Amber, Amber Davis. A pair of glasses slid down her nose as her blue eyes skimmed over cramped words in a textbook. Her eyes a crimson rings of brown wrapping around her pupil, binding it in its place. Her hand scribbled on a paper that lay on her lap, numbers of all lengths displayed in carefully formatted problems. Problematic formulas were revolving around her head, spinning with no intent on stopping. She shook her head as it began to ache. The bus galloped down the road towards the fairly familiar school. The elementary was small, a wooden playground-on the brink of falling over-lay beside it. Although its proximity was unacceptable, she loved the ride. Her eyes rummaged through the leaves searching for something to calm herself. The raging voices were perching her ears. She just wanted a way out. An arm reached out, wrapping their fingers around her hair. As if it was a claw machine and they had just attempted to grab their prize. A prying pain surged to her head as she was thrown against the window. Her hands pressed against the cold glass and her small body was bulldozed against the wall. Her papers released from her hands, cascading down towards the floor. Her small face squished she cried. The pounds of force released from her side and she was left alone. Tears flowing down her face as she lowered to the floor to collect her lost hope.

Stepping off the bus she smiled. Her doe-like eyes viewing down upon the school as swarms of people flowed in. "Let's try again," she said her eyes scanning the individual people as if she was reading their personalities. A small boy strutting with his hands in his pocket, females clinging to his sides. The popular, jocky type. Among those girls was one who caught her eye. Her hair was tussled up into a bun, her attire was one of a homeless person. Amber shook her head, you mustn't think that way. Her eyes shown something new, they weren't wide and bright. They were dark. Lifeless. Curious Amber walked towards her. She was in awe of the young man in the back of the group. It seems as though she didn't belong. Bewildered by her curiousness she approached her. "H-Hi," Amber stumbled out. "I'm Amber, I just moved here," she reached her hands towards her as she displayed a bright smile. The girl smiled, "Rain." Her hand met Amber's and they shook with an agreement as if their meeting was now inescapable. "Do you wanna be friends?" Amber asked her eyes bright. Rain looked towards the disappearing crowd and the smiling female."Of course," she smirked.