Chapter Three

Her eyes strained as light cast onto her face. "Mama?" She called out. No answer. Staggering up to a standing position so limped towards the door. Her eyes adjusting to the light. "Mama," She called out louder. No answer. She walked out and saw disarray of items on the floor. Her mother lay on the couch breathing steadily. She gazed upon her beautiful mother, sighing she limped towards her room. Putting on a fresh set of clothes and walking towards the door. Glancing at the clock, 7:45 Am. Just in time for the bus. She walked unsteadily out the door and down the driveway. Eyes fixated ahead of her, no wandering. Once she arrived at the designated spot she sat down, caressing her leg. She pressed forcefully against her hip and only got a surge of pain. Wincing she sighed. Another bruise. Once again like normal the bus stopped and opened its doors, waiting for her to join in on the drive. She ushered herself forwards and stepped on the bus. Slipping past others to sit by herself, only to instantly be bombarded with negativity. What did she do to them? She was only kind? Her eyes cast her drowsiness towards others. Her energy fading. Everything felt true. The comments, the remarks.Everything. The typical noises were made, words were said. It all seemed so normal. Her eyes focused on the passing trees. They stand so tall. Yet we underestimate them so often. They stand so confidently, wind brushing through their leaves. Amber drew her eyes back to the material in front of her. Eyes concentrated until they arrived.

She walked astray in the halls in search of a bathroom, eyes scanning her surroundings. Her eyes spark when she finds a small wooden door labeled girls. Walking in she stops in front of the mirror. Her face seemed so different. Was it this chubby before? Did she have such ugly freckles beforehand? They lay in uncomfortable areas of her face. Her hair tussled and stringy. Eyes too large for her small face. When did she become this ugly? As she examined her face the bathroom door opened and in came three misfits. Rain slid in first her eyes landing on Amber, "oh it's you," she said with a smirk. She was followed by two larger and more intimidating girls. "I haven't seen you in a while," Rain said as she circled Amber like a hawk. Ready to fest on her prey. "I-I was sick," she lied. The two other females giggled and Rain shushed them. "This is the ugly chick you talk about all the time right?" one of them asked. Rain laughed. It boomed and echoed throughout the small room and Amber stepped back. Her hands hitting the sink. "What's wrong? Scared?" the other female asked. Amber shook her head, denying the obvious. "Please don't do this," She mumbled out. Her voice cracking as she did. "Don't do what Amber?" Rain asked. Walking towards Amber getting ready to attack. She could jump at any second. Amber watched as the two other females stalked to her sides, she was surrounded. "What did I ever do to you?" Amber cried out. "Oh, you're just so innocent aren't you? You trusted me," Rain said as her eyes met Amber's. A chill running down her spine. Amber quickly turned and attempted to run towards the door only to be caught by to strong arms. They pushed her towards the middle, the females closing in. "I'm sorry for whatever I did," she screamed. Curling into the floor, hoping she would disappear. The girls laughed as they began stomping against her. Their feet kicking her legs and sides. She felt like a rag doll being mistreated. Her eyes strang free tears as they kicked and punched. And when they were done she had no more tears left to cry. No more hope to give. Not a life to live.

Not a life to live.