Chapter 4

(Josh) "I'll be on Andrea's team!"
(Daniel) "But I want to be on her team!"
(Josh) "Well I called it first."
(Daniel) "But I didn't know we already started calling teams."
(Andrea) "Hey how about this I'll choose who's on my team."
(Josh+Daniel) "Ok."
(Andrea) " I choose...myself!"
(Josh+Daniel) "What?"
(Andrea) "I've been playing for eleven years, I think I can handle myself." I smiled at both of them, "Plus neither of you could keep up." I laugh while I walk up to them "Can I see the ball?" Josh throws the ball to me but I kick it up when it reaches my foot level, I bounce the ball off my head and kick it behind me doing two rainbows than kick it up in the air going between my left and right foot till I catch it. I look up at Josh and Daniel smiling, then I drop the ball on the ground and start running while kicking the ball in front of me.
(Daniel) "Hey!"
(Andrea) "Keep up slow pokes!" I hear running from behind me when I kick the ball into the invisible goal. "GOOOOAAALLL!" I yell, when I turn around I see Josh walking over to me while Daniel ran to go and get the ball. Josh tripped over his feet and lands right on top of me, "hi..." his face about 3 inches away from me.
(Josh) "S-sorry umm, thanks for catching me kind of."
(Andrea) "No problem." He rose off of me then pulled me up. I was blushing so red that a tomato would look pale next to me, I looked up to see him watching Daniel retrieve the ball. We played soccer until we all were exhausted, Daniel checked his watch then looked up with shock smeared all over his face.
(Daniel) "Josh it's 4:14 we were supposed to stay till four, we got to go!"
(Josh) "Ok, see ya Andrea!"
(Andrea) "See ya!" But before they left Daniel walked over to me.
(Daniel) "Thanks for hanging out with us," I pushed her hair back behind her ear "by the way I think your cute we should hang out again sometime outside of school, see you tomorrow."
(Andrea) "S-See you." He laughed at my bewildered expression than ran off to catch up with Josh. I looked down to see Lucy with same expression on her face as I do, "I don't know what just happened either, but let's go back to the tree. We still have some time, plus I want to at least read ten more chapters of my book before we leave." We walked over to the tree again, I saw that my blanket was soaked, I rung it out, folded it and sat on the gras leaning up against the tree trunk. I put in my headphones that were still in my back pocket from this morning, plugged it into my phone and turned the volume up till it couldn't become any louder. I read for about seven minutes till I heard the echo of Lucy's barks, I looked up to see Jace standing above me, watching me intently. I stopped the music and pulled out my ear bud. "Lucy shhh, he's a-a friend." I looked up to see his face, he looked shocked, "hi Jace, what are you doing here?"
(Jace) "Doing the same thing as you,"
(Andrea) He held up his book, "Oh well do you want to join me?" He looked as if he just saw a ghost.
(Jace) "S-S-Sure..."
(Andrea) I picked up Lucy and set her on the other side of me, I patted the ground gesturing him to come sit. He walked over and sat close enough that it allowed our arms to touch. I looked up to see his eyes watching me carefully, his eyes were even more beautiful up close. We stared into each other's eyes till Lucy barked loud enough to grab our attention, when I looked over at her she reminded me of an over protective mom watching her daughter go on her first date. I chuckled at that thought, "So what are you reading?"
(Jace) "2 AM Thoughts by Makenzie Campbell, you?"
(Andrea) "Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur."
(Jace) "I read that book, I thought it was really good. You'll love it."
(Andrea) I smiled at him and realized how cold it was outside, I shivered.
(Jace) "Here."
(Andrea) Jace quickly slipped out of his jacket and put it around me before I could say anything, "thank you."
(Jace) "Anytime."
(Andrea) We read for quite some time until I got so tired that I laid my head on Jaces shoulder, I felt protected. After a minute Jace scooted a little closer and laid his head on mine. Nothing could hurt me in that moment not Rebekah or her group, not my father who took off before I was born, not even the anxiety that was always there with me during the most exiting times of my life. I loved this feeling, I've never felt this feeling before, I always wanted to feel like this but I knew it would never last which made me less radiant. I checked the time on my phone, it was 4:56. "Hey Jace I have to get home, my mother will be home in a few minutes and I was supposed to help her with dinner.
(Jace) "Oh, ok then. I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"
(Andrea) "Oh here, take your jacket back." I said as I pulled it off and felt the breeze hit me like a brick, I shivered a more painful shiver.
(Jace) "Keep it, you need it more than I do."
(Andrea) "Your not cold?"
(Jace) "Nope, not even a bit. If it makes you feel better you can bring it to school tomorrow and give it to me then, plus you look good in it.
(Andrea) I blushed a little and looked down at my feet, then I put on his over sized jacket again and started to pick up my stuff, I hooked the leash back on Lucy and grabbed my cold wet blanket, "See ya tomorrow."
(Jace) "See ya!"
(Andrea) And with that I walked home to find the house still empty. "Hmm, mom must be on her way home, I unhooked Lucy's leash and hung it up, fed her, went upstairs to the laundry room and threw the blanket in the washer machine and started the load, then grabbed a pair of shorts, a over sized sweater, bra, and underwear. I jumped in the shower, got out, got into my clothes, put my dirty clothes in the hamper, and went downstairs to find my mom in the kitchen.