Chapter 6

A couple weeks later...

(Andrea) I woke up to it pouring rain, "Sheesh, What is up with this weather." I looked over at my alarm it was 5:22, I got out of bed and grabbed Jaces jacket, when I put it on it was warm from the heater directly under it, I went to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth, once I was done I tell myself "Time for breakfast!" I ran down stairs to see a note from my mom saying "Hey sweetie I was paged by the hospital in the middle of the night, I won't see you until after school. Anyways have a great day, I love you! P.S., there's pancake batter in the fridge, if you want a delicious breakfast!"
(Andrea) "Okay then." I walk over to the fridge to see the batter on the second shelf, I turn on the stove and set it to medium. I grab a pan and set it on the stove, while I wait for the stove to heat up I run upstairs to grab Lucy and let her outside. I also grab my speaker so I can listen to music while I cook. After I let Lucy back inside I put my speaker on the counter and start to play some old, soothing, Marvin Gaye type, but still a little jazzy music. I start to pour my batter into the hot pan, when I finish the last pancake I realize that I made way to many. As I grab a plate I hear the doorbell ring, I walk over still in my over sized sweater, shorts, and still have on Jaces jacket with music in the background. I open the door to see Jace holding my jacket, I was completely stunned. He was not only at MY house but he was standing in the rain.
(Jace) "Hey, sorry to barge in especially this early but you left your jacket last night and I wanted to return it to you before school just in case you didn't have another jacket to wear."
(Andrea) "Oh thank you," I grabbed the jacket from his hands that were stretched out towards me. Lucy comes sprinting to the door barking like crazy.
(Jace) "Hey girl, I'm Jace."
(Andrea) She walked towards him slowly then started licking him like crazy. Forgot to mention that Lucy was a Bernese Mountain Dog. Shortly after Jace is covered in dog slobber. "I think she likes you!" I said while laughing. "Hey I just made pancakes but accidentally made to many, would you like to come in and help me finish them?" I was shockingly red while I said that sentence, my redness made him smile.
(Jace) "That would be amazing, thank you." I walked in soaked from the rain, I could smell the pancakes from here. They were mouth watering, I also thought Andrea looked cute in my jacket that was to big for her. I followed her to see the stack on the counter, they were golden brown, light and fluffy, they were perfect. I walked over to sit on one of the many stools lined up behind the island counter.
(Andrea) I walked over to the pancakes when I heard Jace pull his chair out, I could feel his eyes on me. I walked over to the cupboard to grab some plates and cups for us. I started to sway side to side to the music as I did before Jace was here, I turned around with the two plates, cups, and forks to see Jace grinning at me. I looked down and smiled, I grabbed the plate of pancakes and brought it over to the island counter, "How many do you want?"
(Jace) "Five"
(Andrea) "How about we start with three and if you want more than you can help yourself, this way if you can't finish them you don't have to throw them away."
(Jace) I raised my eyebrow while doing a charming crooked smile "You remind me of my mother, she always said that."
(Andrea) "Well last year I went on a trip to Africa to hand out bottled water and food for the people there, the kids and adults were incredibly skinny. Some people couldn't even move because of how food deprived they were, it made me fell guilty for the food I threw away. If they had the food that I had access to, they would eat it all up in two seconds. I haven't wasted food ever since."
(Jace) "That's very considerate of you."
(Andrea) "Thank you."
(Jace) "I'll have three pancakes then."
(Andrea) I laughed and put three pancakes on his plate. After we were done eating, I put the pancakes in a small Tupperware box. As I finished cleaning up I heard my phone ring twice, I looked at the screen in surprise to see that school had been canceled from it being to cold and wet. Then go in full blown shock to see a text from my mom saying she won't be back until tomorrow afternoon, she was called out on an emergency trip. I texted her back saying, "Okay, good luck see you tomorrow. I love you!" She texted back "I love you too baby!" I clicked onto YouTube and played my favorite band, Queen. I played there playlist and what came on first was killer queen, I put my phone down ran to the speaker and turned it up 100% volume. Then ran over to Jace and grabbed his hands so he could dance with me, I started to mouth the words as he tried to stay put in his seat. I sighed and rolled my eyes, I danced like nobody was watching. He laughed, I started dancing like I was in a club. He blushed a little, I laughed so much that I fell on the floor. He walked over to help me up, the song changed to Billie Eillish "Watch" acoustic version. He put his arms around my waist as I put my arms around his neck, I looked at him while he looked at me.
(Jace) "You are something else Andrea."
(Andrea) I blushed, "You're eyes are beautiful, how long have they been like that?" I touched his face with my tiny hands.
(Jace) "A couple years, but I never let people get a good look at them until you."
(Andrea) We leaned into each other until I could feel his lips on mine.