Fuck Buddies pt2~D.D

awesome writer of this: https://officergrimes-daddydixon.tumblr.com/post/158325135467/request-daryl-is-hitting-on-someone-else-to

You tried to hold back your tears as you walked away from Daryl's house and towards yours. It was heart-breaking to tell him that you didn't feel the same way towards him when really you had fallen for him hard. You wiped away the stray tears that had fallen down your face and you quickly ran up to your room to take a nap. That way you could hide from the reality of everything for a while.

A few days had passed since the incident with Daryl and you two had avoided each other at all costs. If he was going out on a run and you were partnered with him you'd fake being sick to get out of it, and when he was on watch and your turn was next, he'd leave five minutes earlier so he didn't have to see you. You were too scared to really let him know how you feel, but you were wrong for keeping them in. He could go out on a run one day and not come back, and you would feel distraught because he didn't know you loved him. You debated whether or not to tell him how you felt for an hour, in the end you decided to do it. What's the worst that could happen?

You opened up your door and spotted him right away by the gates, talking to Rosita. You decided to wait until he was done talking, so you sat on your porch and waited. As you were watching them, you noticed that they weren't just having a normal conversation. Daryl often grabbed her waist or whispered something in her ear while she would run a hand through his hair. You felt your heart shatter into a million pieces when you thought you lost your chance with him. You had delayed it for too long and now the boat and left the shore. You got up and walked back inside the house, slamming the door loud enough to get everyone's attention.
***********

You skipped dinner that night as you didn't want to face anybody. So, you stayed in bed and got into a really good book when you heard a knock on the door downstairs. You rolled your eyes as you wanted to stay in bed, but it was a rule that you always had to open up the door. You made your way downstairs and was shocked to find Daryl at the door when you opened it. You both stared at each other in silence for a couple of seconds before he made his way inside. You shut the door and leaned back on it, crossing your arms over your chest and staring at him.

"Why'd you miss dinner?" he asked bluntly

"I felt sick" you replied, pushing past him to make your way upstairs.

"Don't lie to me (y/n)"

"What do you know Daryl? We've both been avoiding each other" you spat, continuing to walk to your room.

He followed after you and when you were both in your room he shut the door behind you. "You weren't avoiding me today" he said slyly.

"What are you talking about?"

"I know you were watching me with Rosita. That's why I did what I did, I wanted to make you feel-" he paused. "It don't matter, when you didn't show up to dinner I thought I overdid it"

You stayed silent for a moment and took in what just happened. So, Daryl still liked you? You weren't too late.

"I think I love you" you blurted out without thinking.

You looked up at him and saw he looked just as shocked as you but he smiled. "You being serious?"

"Yeah. I didn't tell you sooner cause I was scared, I've never loved someone like this before" you admitted.

"Me neither"

You smiled up at each other before you opened up the covers for Daryl to get in bed and he did. You both lay next to each other, Daryl's arm under your neck and his other hand stroking your hair. You placed a hand on his chest and rested your head on his shoulder, closing your eyes and both falling asleep wrapped in each other's arms. This is what you truly wanted.