Chapter 2

~~~POV1~~~

I sit on the floor under the window, staring at Neymar's bed. I haven't been in his room for years. It seems so familiar, yet completely strange to me.

Sherlock knows about my knife. I hate that he forced my hand like he did, but he has reasons. I should try and play more fairly, as he puts it, so that my hand isn't forced in the future.

I grab my knife and slide the bottom out again, this time taking the thing out. I close the knife hilt and put it back in the bag. He didn't open it, he doesn't know what was in there.

I look at the ring in my hands, a gold band with a simple silver pattern along the sides. It looks almost exactly like it did when he first held it up for me. He isn't wearing his. I can't wear mine, Dad wouldn't hesitate in taking it and destroying it. And being that the man is still lurking about, I can't afford to wear it even now. I place the ring in my pocket for now. Not as safe as my knife, but more accessible now, so I can store it quickly later.

They all know I can deduce now, so they'll be more careful to hide things from me. They're probably talking about why I don't do it. And I know exactly who they're blaming.

Sherlock also knows what I did last night. He'll tell the others. He'll know what I'm doing. He'll try and stop me. I can't let him. As for now, my next target is a woman named Abby Willsons. She lives an hours drive from here. She knew Irene Addler, worked with her for a few months. That's why Dad wants her dead.

I could go now. Climb out the window, run a few miles, hail a cab from there, get a different cab for the second half of the way there. Train back. Maybe a bus. Then again, that would leave Neymar, Violet, and Sherlock without me to protect them. Or Ben will cut to the chase, and I'll be on my own. I can probably take Ben, but there's no telling what he's willing to do now that I've killed his brother.

Best get these people killed as soon as possible. I need that last name fast, I need time to find out about them and the best way to take care of them. I stand and open the window, I leave the knife. I won't need it. I hold myself up on the window sill and close the window, before scaling down and heading on my way. Hopefully the Holmes will be alright while I'm gone.

~~~POV2~~~

Daniel Bale was murdered in his own home last night, between 1 and 3 in the morning. No evidence of forced entry, nothing stolen, some signs of a struggle, but nothing leading to a single suspect. While it is possible that Jackson did not kill him, it's highly improbable that he would have a list of dead people and one of which they passed who so happened to die while they were in the area.

"The fact there is little evidence also points to Jax, he was trained to do this for years," Sherlock points out.

"So what now?" Violet asks.

"We confront him. Demand to know why he did it," I answer.

"Perhaps angry demands shouldn't be the go-to. Let's try and be understanding, if he chooses to answer," Sherlock says.

"He has to tell us," I argue.

"There's nothing you can get from him by force. Not a thing."

"He's killing people, Moriarty must be forcing him to."

"How so?" Sherlock challenges, "Moriarty isn't here. Jackson is doing it because he feels... a want to, perhaps. An obligation," Sherlock muses.

"You think he wants to be killing people?" Violet frowns.

"Everything we know about Jax has changed," Sherlock says, though it was obvious, "You don't believe he would want to kill people, but he grew up doing it. It's most of what he knows. If he wants to kill people, it's a psychological attempt to normalize things, in self defense."