Chapter 7

~~~POV1~~~

"And what of him now?" My father asks.

"He's alone, though I'm not sure where he is," another male voice replies, giving me his location.

I pull my knife out and slide it open. Footsteps, looking for me, step behind the tree I'm using as cover. Another step and he's mine.

"Then it's too late for you," my father says, just as the man steps close enough for me to grab him.

I trip him back, sending him crashing down to the ground, but I stay with him. I press my knife against his throat and pin one of his arms with my knee. With my free hand I grab the radio from him, tossing it aside.

"How long have you been out here?" I demand, pressing the blade into his neck.

"S-Since the night before last!" He cries out.

I can't help but laugh slightly, my father sent this man out here to be killed. He's weak.

"What have you told him?"

He shakes his head slightly, so I drag the knife across his neck just enough to make him bleed.

"Just where you were!"

"Where is he?"

"London," the man says in a pleading tone, he doesn't want to die, but that's unfortunate for him.

"How many of his people are out here?"

"J-Just me. And you." I ignore that last bit, and continue with my questions.

"Does he know about the helicopter?"

"Y-yes."

"Does he know who it is?"

"Yes. Please! Don't kill me, please!" He begs, so unlike my fathers usual men. "I-I have a family!"

"So do I." I press the knife into his neck.

He gurgles, and I step off him, but my hands are already coated in his blood. I won't be able to hide this one, not that I hid the last one very well. I know for a fact Neymar noticed my busted lip, and falling out of a tree was not a clever cover-up.

He reaches for his neck, as if to stop the bleeding, but he won't slow it enough to make a difference.

I hear a twig snap beside me and ready my knife, only for it to be forcefully thrown from my hand. I grab at a body, but only get my hands onto shoulders, then Neymar slams me back into a tree, pinning me with his elbow at my throat. Pain shoots through my shoulder and back.

"What the fuck is going on, and don't you dare lie to my face again, Jackson," he practically growls.

I let go of him, but he doesn't move. I can't blame him. I didn't even know he was following me. I guess some of the stuff I've told him did stick.

"I had to," I say slowly.

"Bullshit, you know he wouldn't have come after you again." He really is angry.

Violet is alone.

"I don't expect you to trust me, Neymar. I did what I had to."

He growls at me and drops me, I can't help but to fall to my ass and breathe properly again. We both stare at the dead man before Neymar glares at me. He doesn't say anything and picks up the knife, he doesn't close it. I'm not sure if he's threatening me, or just being prepared for me to attack him.

"You know he wouldn't have come after you. Why did you kill him?" Neymar demands.

"Because that's what I was supposed to do." If I hadn't, the consequences would have been worse than what's already awaiting me.