We Live Up There

[Please Read the Author's note at the end !]
RECAP: Violet catches (Y/N) and tells her she knows her secret. That she was the reason Marlon had to trade the twins...

   "What the fuck are you talking about?" (Y/N) gritted through her teeth.
Violet raised an eyebrow, and peered into (Y/N)'s eyes.
"What am I talking about? Hah!" She sarcastically laughed, throwing her head back.
(Y/N) sighed, scared of what Violet knew, and what she planned to do with that information.
She walked up to (Y/N), her face so close that (Y/N) could feel Violet's hot breath on her nose.
"I know you're the reason Marlon had to trade the twins!"

(Y/N)'s vision went blurry as Violet spoke. She had been in denial about it, trying to convince herself that she had nothing to do with it. But after learning what Marlon had done, she couldn't help but in the back of her mind recount events. Events that we're her fault, events that she caused.
"Y-you don't know what you're talking about Violet!" She stuttered.
Violet glared venomously at (Y/N).
"Fine (Y/N). Meet me tonight in the courtyard, you have some explaining to do."
   (Y/N) scoffed, faking her confidence, "Why should I explain anything to you?" She asked condescendingly.
   Violet shook her head and frowned, brows furrowed, "Because if you don't, I'll tell everyone."
And with that. Violet strolled away, leaving (Y/N) to her thoughts.

   That night before dinner, (Y/N) stepped outside to see Violet, sitting on the benches already waiting for her. She gulped, unready to confess what happened and how she was involved with Marlons sin.
   She walked over to Violet as Violet's eyes watched her steadily.
   "Here goes nothing." (Y/N) mumbled to herself.
   She sat down across from Violet and sighed.
   "Let me start off by saying I had no bad intentions whatsoever, I swear!"
   Violet rolled her eyes, "That doesn't matter, what matters what result came from those intentions, and we both know what the results were... (Y/N), I promise I won't tell anyone. But you HAVE to tell ME."
   Battling the urge to snort in response, (Y/N) looked down and bit her lip.
"Here goes nothing."

Flashback...

(Y/N) poked at the trapped hare with a stick, frowning as it squirmed and squealed, attempting to gnaw at the rope tight around its ankles.
   She knelt, looking up towards Marlon as he sharpened his knife.
   Catching her eye, he raised a concerned eyebrow, "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" He asked, lowering his arms to his sides, knife still in hand.
   She sighed, looking back down at the distressed hare. Her expression was telling, and Marlon knew that face all too well.
   "(Y/N)." He began, "You know we have to."
   (Y/N) snorted, shooting him a quick glare, though, it contained no true malice, "I know that."
   "It's just..." her voice trailed off, "It's not fair."
   "Do you... want me to do it, (Y/N)?"
   She shook her head, it was time she stopped procrastinating and put the poor animal out of  it's misery. If she was going to survive and provide, she couldn't worry about the wild game they caught.
   Grimacing just a tad, (Y/N) gently, yet quickly, twisted and snapped the animal's neck. The hare finally quit squirming, and was still.
   Marlon knelt as (Y/N) stood, he untied the rope that bound the hare and reset the trap, tying the hare with string to his belt.
   "That's one. Surely Brody should be back by now with game from the other trap?" Marlon commented.
   (Y/N) squinted, and scanned the tree line in the direction of which Brody should be in. She wouldn't dare call out her name in the woods, as unnecessary attention was dangerous in these parts.
   Marlon stood, looking out for their friend as well. The woods were silent, and they could only hear each other's light breaths for what seemed like forever.
   From the corner of her eye, (Y/N) caught a slight glimpse of moment amongst the foliage. Immediately, she brandished her weapon. Seeing (Y/N)'s sudden concern, Marlon stood protectively in front of her, his knife clutched in his dominant hand.
   (Y/N) rolled her eyes at his protectiveness. She could handle herself, of course. Though, she wasn't necessarily complaining either.
   Marlon continued to glare hardly at the spot where the movement was seen last.
   The figure finally relived itself. A familiar, friendly face holding wild rabbit.
   (Y/N) was no longer in a defensive stance, she crossed her arms, "Brody. Why were you being so sneaky?"
   Brody looked over her shoulder, cautiously, "We need to go y'all, now."
  Marlon and (Y/N) looked at each other, Marlon placed a hand on Brody's shoulder, "What's wrong?" He questioned.
   She flinched, then simply shook her head, "I think we're being followed."
   "Followed?" The hairs on (Y/N)'s neck stood on end, suddenly she was back in her defensive stance, looking over her shoulder as well.
   Just as Marlon opened his mouth, a taller, older figure emerged from the bushes.
   (Y/N) had never seen this women before. And clearly, neither had her friends.
   "Hey, hey, hey." The stranger mumbled, putting up their empty hands.
   The three glared venomously, with Marlon puffing out his chest.
   He took a step forward, shielding the girls. This of course, slightly annoyed (Y/N).
   "Who are you, what do you want?" Marlon interrogated.
   The stranger limped, but they kept a comfortable distance.
  They let out a wry laugh, before gripping their left leg in pain, "I'm not going to hurt you. I just need help. Please."
   (Y/N) was still suspicious, but she listened on while Marlon and the stranger spoke, waiting for the most appropriate moment to chime in. Brody shook in her boots beside her.
   Marlon looked to the girls before sighing, "Are you alone?" He asked.
   The stranger nodded.
   (Y/N) stepped forward. The build up within her encouraging her to take the lead. Marlon had his turn, it was her turn to do the talking. This stranger needed help, help that they could provide.
   She pointed in the direction of the school...
   "We live up that way, in a school building-"
   Brody took a shaky hand and slammed it over (Y/N)'s mouth. The look of shock and fear sprawled across her face.
   Marlon whipped his head around to face (Y/N) as well, "Wha-"
   The stranger took off running, right in the direction in which they had came.
   A wave of realization, dread, and complete embarrassment rippled down (Y/N)'s spine...