True And Yet Hidden

I waved hi to Yuri when I saw him at the church one day. I accidentally saw him there since I was about to ask for guidance for the upcoming exam tomorrow. Even though he saw me, it seemed that the smile I saw on his face was not meant for me.

That had made me stop.

I stopped on my tracks when I saw that.

How come? How come he never smiled at me like that? I could only see him smile at me when he was teasing me. But for once, that sweet smile engraved on his face... A kind of smile he never showed to me ever since I met him...

That was when I turned and I saw a girl smiling and waving her hand for someone. She was just about my age, I could tell that. And I think... she was even more amazing and mature than I was.

That was what made me down and depressed. But the one that happened next had definitely made me shock, I could not even move.

That girl approached Yuri with a smile, and unexpectedly, with a hug, as well. And it definitely hurt me when he did not even make a last glance at me before he left the church.

That was right.

It definitely stabbed my heart just by looking at that scene.

I kneeled because I was too weak to know what was going on. I just... looked at them slipped away happily.

And that was the time I asked myself.

Was it over? Was I not going to be with Yuri anymore? And who was that girl anyway? How did she know Yuri? Were they... a couple?

Without knowing, my tears fell... hard. Harder than I had ever expected. And what was worse... I was broken.

But I was never going to let him know that. Not now, not ever!

The only thing I could not accept that time was...

Yuri was the man who had hurt me much more than I could have ever imagined. Would the man I love with all my heart never going to know my feelings even though I tried so hard to let him know?

And with that, I cried silently and even harder than I did earlier.

Was I really destined to have my heart broken by the man I truly love? I did not know how much that hurts... And seriously, I did not want to know...

I forcefully opened my eyes when I heard something. Great, it was my stupid alarm clock again. So I grabbed it and turned it off. Then left with no choice, I stood up and sat on my bed. After I remembered what I had just dreamed earlier, I heaved a heavy sigh.

Geez! I could not believe I dreamed of that event happened more than three months ago. I have been trying to forget that... that horrible memory all those times. I should not think about it, that was what I have been saying to myself up until now. It did help.

For at least a month. But for me to have a dream about what happened that time, the very same pain I have felt during those times came rushing to me and consuming my heart.