Flame Of A Forbidden Love

~~CHAPTER THREE~~

Flame Of A Forbidden Love

Yuri's POV

I walked slowly after I went out of the hospital building. But before I completely left that place, I looked at the building with a sad and hopeless expression etched on my face. The sun began to set that time... and along with its sad color that lit up the world for the last time of the day, I could feel that the hope inside my heart began to disappear with the setting sun.

What Conrad told me a while back made me lose hope that Wolfram would reciprocate my feelings for him. I couldn't even remember how I managed to get up after listening to those words that Conrad had spoken.

The words that Conrad had said to me made me doubt my love for Wolfram.

And as I continued to walk away from here, my mind played back that event happened earlier...

Flashback...

"But what exactly is his sickness? I need to know..." That's what I said; desperate to know what's really going on with Wolfram.

But then I just saw Conrad shook his head and then looked at me seriously, though it's quite clear that he's looking at me with a sad face. At that moment, I could feel my heart beats fast for some reason.

"I couldn't tell you that... But this is what I'm going to say to you..." Conrad said gravely. And what he said after that made my heart suddenly shatter. "It's something terminal... and Wolfram... Wolfram had only a few months to live."

What? Are you serious? This has got to be a joke, right?

No! This is not how it is supposed to play out!

It can't be... it can't be true! How come? How come I never knew? Why didn't Wolfram tell me about it? It's not supposed to be like this!

Then that means... it's over?

"I'm sorry to tell you this now, Yuri..." Conrad apologized.

I could feel my heart being smashed to pieces when I heard that.

"Why didn't Wolfram tell me that?" I managed to say even though I felt that I have nothing left to say because of what I found out.

He can't die! Wolfram can't die now!

"He has his reasons, Yuri. And he knew that you wouldn't understand those reasons; that's why he didn't tell you."

That spoiled brat! He's so unfair!

Why should I be the last person to find this out? Am I not that important to Wolfram that's why he's not telling me what going on with him? Am I really destined to love someone with no definite guarantee that my love will be reciprocated? I probably lost count on how many times I asked those questions to myself while collapsing to my knees and staring vacantly at nothing. I felt like I've lost all my senses after hearing the truth from Conrad.

And then Conrad said something that made me return to reality that I haven't left the hospital yet and that he's still in front of me.