Is This Goodbye?

"End your friendship with him? Have you gone insane?" Erika blurted out just after she heard Yuri's decision. After a while, she just sighed heavily and slightly shook her head in disbelief as she rubbed her temples. Seriously, what was this guy thinking? "So that's it? You're just simply going to end everything that both of you had able to earn for the last ten years?" she asked with slight sarcasm in her voice.

But Yuri didn't say anything. So he'd really decided. She knew Yuri when it comes to decision-making. He would let no one stop him once he decided something, especially as important as this. But then, she couldn't help but to feel sad about Yuri's abrupt and obviously insane decision. She knew for the start that Yuri will definitely suffer for this; not unless his feelings for Wolfram were not as real as it seem to be… not even strong enough to surpass this trial that Conrad might have given just to prove Yuri's strength to fight for his love… to prove Yuri's love for Wolfram.

She sighed again. As of now, that's all she could do…

Yuri, I hope you wouldn't regret this… she sadly thought.

The next day…

Wolfram's POV

I woke up the next day like nothing had ever happened. I was still here at the hospital since I haven't got officially discharged because of what I did last night. And then, I suddenly remembered that—that painful memory that I don't want to remember for as long as I live.

I can't believe it all ended like that. The friendship that I really treasured for the last ten years… The friendship that I considered special since my best friend became the first and the only person I fell in love with. That feeling of love that I kept for more than five years here in my heart just for him… I never thought it would be left shattered like that—like a fragile glass.

It's a good thing that we'll be leaving today instead of two days from now since my mom insisted that. And I'm happy that I'll be able to return home after ten years of not being able to have a glance at it. But then I'll be leaving this world—this world that I've come to love—as I bear the unexplainable pain that Yuri had imposed to my heart because of what he decided.

Can this get any worse?

I closed my eyes tightly in anguish. As much as possible, I wouldn't want to remember any of what happened yesterday. As much as possible, I don't want to remember anything that reminds me of Yuri at all. That's because I don't want to remember anything painful that will lead me to crying again. I hate crying… I really hate it!

But the only reason that I've cried for this long was because of the thought that I was completely hurt. I never thought that loving someone secretly without the guarantee that the feeling would be returned will be this painful—in fact, too painful for a person to bear that could possibly lead to insanity.

But then, I asked myself a question.

Did I really regret loving Yuri for more than five years?

Probably before, when I didn't hear all about wimpy Yuri's stupid decision, then I know I could easily say that I really don't regret loving him. But now…

Now I don't know what to answer…

"Wolfram, it's time to go," someone said. When I turned around, I saw Conrad by the door. He was carrying my bag where my clothes were placed. I guess the doctor finally agreed to let me leave this place.