chapter 2. what's that?

They finally arrived at Issac's father's work, an old, sort of out of place saw mill. Issac saw his father almost immediately. "DAD!!" Shouted Issac. "IZZY!!" Replied Issac's father. Izzy is what Issac's father called him since Issac was a baby. "Hello Markus." Said Issac's mother, in a mono tone kinda way. "Hey Sarah. how's my lovely wife doing?" Replied Markus. "Just great." Said Sarah.

"Hey Dad, can I wear your cowboy hat?" Asked Issac. "Sure son." Replied Markus sharply. "Why don't you go find Wes? "He's around here somewhere." "All right! "Where did you see him last?" Asked Issac questionably. "By the lumber yard." Replied Markus. "Thanks Dad!" Said Issac as his voice faded out as he ran.

"Now, I heard from our neighbor Steve that there was a man at our house... "I know you've been cheating on me. "Now tell me straight up. "Is this what you want? "Our family to be split up? "Izzy will be torn." Said Markus. "You're never here! "You said you married me because you wanted to be there for me forever and ever... "But you're never there..." Replied Sarah, with tears in her eyes. She strolled away, weaping.

Meanwhile, at the lumber yard. "Wes!!?" Shouted Issac. No answer. "Hmm. "I know!" Snapped Issac. "Ehem, RED ROBBINS!" Shouted Issac. "YUUUUMMMM!!" Responded Wes behind a stack of logs. "Wes! "My big brother-from-a-nother-mother!" Said Issac in a gangster kind of way. Wes is Issac's father's apprentice. Since Wes was 13, Markus has trained him to be a great lumberjack. He is 19 now, and still growing strong. Issac knew wes since Issac was just 6 years old. They've been like Brothers ever since.
"Well, well, well. " If it isn't my buddy Izzy. "I haven't seen you in a while." Said Wes. "What's that?" Asked Issac. "Oh, this? "This is a extended chainsaw. It helps me cut the branches in the tops of trees." Answered Wes. "Issac!" Called Sarah, "I'm leaving. I'll pick you up as soon as I close the deal." Sarah works as a real estate agent to bring in extra cash for the family. And she meets some nice gentlemen while doing it too. "Ok mom." Said Issac in a rude way.

Night is falling over the valley. Markus and Wes decided to set up a little camp out side of the saw mill. Markus knew that Issac would be happy. He loves camping with his father. "Issac!" Called Markus. "Yeah dad?" Answered Issac. "Tomorrow, I'll finish my work early so we can head over to the roaring rapids. "I booked us at 12:00 pm instead of 4:00pm." "REALLY?!?!" Said Issac excitedly. "Yeah, and I'm going too." Said Wes. "Alright!" Said Issac. "Now get some rest. "The sooner you fall asleep, the sooner tomorrow will come." " Ok, good night everyone." Said Issac as he went into his tent. What everyone didn't know, was that tomorrow, their lives would change, forever...