Night Night

For the next few days, Louis can't help but feel on edge. With those two suspicious characters looming in the back of his mind, they also happen to be everywhere Louis looks.

Maybe he's just going crazy, but he swears he saw the blonde at Starbucks the other day, and the dark-haired one was definitely following him for a few blocks when he went to the grocery store.

On the other hand, Harry hasn't been around at all. The note was the last sign of Harry that Louis would probably ever have. It is a little sad, Louis must admit, but it was never going to happen anyway.

Louis had tried to tell himself that while the pair would flirt and giggle, but it was so hard whenever Harry would smile at him or Louis would catch him looking a little too long when Louis was working on his flashcards.

It made sense in the moment, but in the long run-- in actuality, Harry wouldn't fall for Louis.

And here Louis is, in the moment again-- trying to focus on work. It's been a long day and the sun in beginning to set. Bebe had asked Louis to step in for her near the end of her shift so she could tend to some sort of family problem. Of course, he did.

Louis walks over to the table Bebe had cleaned off for him before she clocked out and left. Louis slaps the wet washcloth down on the table and leans over, clearing the table of crumbs and remnants of the last couple that ate here.

Louis glances up, loving the color of the sky tonight. But Louis' heart jumps when two suspicious characters catch his eye.

Louis recognizes the blonde hair and cocky demeanor. His car door is open, he's leaning over the top of the car, talking to his dark haired partner who mimics his body language.

They seem to be discussing something serious-- both frowning as they speak.

Louis looks back down at the table as he slowly wipes the table What are they doing here? They're not watching me... are they?

Paranoia seeps through Louis' tough persona and he has to look up again. He peeks through his lashes, spotting an old rusty car pulling up to the two.

Louis' heart starts pumping-- bombings, shootings, and other worst-case scenarios flash though his mind.

Without making it too obvious, Louis watches someone get out of the car. His eyebrows pull together: It's a kid. Well not a kid, but a teenager. He can't be more than 17. Louis takes note of the young driver too-- they must be friends.

The boy approaches the blonde with a head nod. The blonde returns the gesture and says something. The kid answers.

The blonde says something else. The kid shrugs.

The blonde rolls his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. The kid speaks up, taking a step forward.

The blonde raises his eyebrows, interested. He agrees

The kid hands him something. It looks like... a wad of cash?

The blonde takes the cash and throws it over to the dark haired one who begins to immediately count it. He beckons the kid closer, reaching into his pocket and taking out

Wait, is that?--What is that?

Louis watches as the kid discreetly takes a little baggie of white powder from the blonde and shoves it into his jacket packet. The blonde pushes the kids head, as if dismissing him in the friendliest, most "we-did-not-just-complete-a-drug-deal" kind of way he could.

The kid slinks away and jumps into the junker car he came in and they drive away.

Louis' nervousness suddenly turns to burning anger. How dare they bring that shit around Big Al and his diner. Louis throws down the towel and marches back to Al's office.