A Deal with the Devil

He says it, not knowing whether or not someone was behind the glass. If there was, Louis would speak to Harry-- setting his plan into motion.

If not... Louis would accept his fate. He would lay back down on the mattress and not say another word. He would find a routine for his days in the cell-- perhaps some stretches when he wakes and an exercise routine for after he eats. When he's bored, he can pick the stuffing out of the mattress, maybe even braid the thin cotton together to pass the time... Or maybe he'd go insane.

But, sure enough, within minutes, there's a soft knock at the door.

"Come in." Louis calls and the door opens a crack, Harry slipping into the room. Louis stares at the floor, shoulders hunched forward as he grips the metal bed frame.

"You requested me?" Harry asks in a gentle and concerned voice. Harry has never been on the opposite side of this situation. It has always been others feeling apprehensive toward him-- Other people shitting a brick when they hear that Harry has called upon them.

It's horrible.

"I'd like to speak with you about my...l-living arrangements." Louis speaks quietly, yet firmly-- staring at the ground. Despite his plan to screw Harry over, it still feels like he's forfeiting the game by saying this.

"Of course," Harry agrees almost too quickly, taking a step toward Louis and kneeling down next to the bed, "I always wanted you to sta--"

"Not here." Louis says, looking up at the one-way glass, "Don't you have like... an office or something?"

Harry gives a nod, a soft smile on his face, "Yeah. Let's do that." he agrees and stands, offering a hand to Louis-- like he'd done in the elevator a few days ago.

Stick to the plan Louis reminds himself, despite his own pride screaming for him to slap Harry's hand away and run out the door.

So Louis slips his hand into Harry's and Harry leads the pair out of the cell.

When the breath of fresh air hit Louis, he feels as though he could cry. He was out of that damned, stuffy cell. ... his pride would have kept him in that room forever. His pride could literally have been the death of him.

Harry gives Louis' hand a tight squeeze when he notices the boy's reaction to being freed. Louis offers a small smile, trying to seem thankful that Harry had shown him 'kindness' in letting him out. Ah yes, thank you for letting me out of YOUR jail cell for hostages that YOU order to be tortured there. So sweet.

As Louis forces a wisp of a smile to stay on his face, Harry's heart melts. He knew Louis would see that being with him is the best option. The Red Rooms are a very extreme route to take for this conclusion, but it seems as though that was what Louis needed.

Harry smiles to himself, It's not much, but it's still progress.

Harry takes Louis across the empty commons area (he had ordered his men to leave it empty for when Louis came out, especially after he'd heard some of the things they were saying about Louis... specifically about his ass).

They walk down the hallway to the two, large double doors. Louis' hands start sweating when he sees the two bodyguards standing on either side of the door. He recognizes one of them as Daemon and the other is Harry's minion from that first day.

His hands feel too clammy, he doesn't want Harry to notice; so Louis takes his hand back, crossing his arms over his chest as they approach the two mammoths.

Harry had noticed Louis' reaction, but he assumed Louis was probably having flashbacks to the first time he walked down this hallway. He was scared shitless. Harry can still hear Louis quietly begging him not to kill him-- the thought makes Harry's heart ache.