Click Click Boom

TRIGGER WARNING
There's some pretty graphic and threatening stuff in this chapter. If kidnapping, blood, guns, or other violence like that makes you uneasy, at the end of the chapter I'll put a little summary of what happened.

An intense pounding stirs Louis to consciousness. The whole left side of his head hurts, making him feel dizzy. Slowly Louis peels his eyes open, sensitive to the fluorescent lights shining down on him.

Suddenly, memories of blonde hair and dark alleys flood through Louis' mind. He snaps up, trying to stand, but he falls back into the chair. His hands are tied behind his back, both legs tied as well. He struggles a bit more, but it's no use.

He looks around, heart pounding in his chest and tears welling in his eyes, absolutely terrified. It's a huge storage warehouse, concrete floors and high ceilings. Windows line the very top of the room, it's still dark outside, so Louis couldn't have been unconscious for long.

Some movement to his right makes Louis jump. He looks over, seeing four other people tied up, all already conscious. They each look the part: tough, weathered-- like they've been in this situation before. They know why they're here. It's very cinematic, the only lights on are above them, like five spotlights shinning down.

There's hospital screen dividers blocking the five of them from seeing what's on either side or behind them. Louis tries not to look, but he can see red staining on the white screen. Tears spill over, falling down his cheeks. What is happening? Why am I here?Am I...am I going to die?

Faint screaming reaches Louis, only intensify his terror. Through the dark, Louis can see a dimly lit hallway where the agonizing screams are faintly echoing.

His heart is racing and the room feels like it's spinning. With every movement, the rope rubs into his skin with an uncomfortable, burning itch. The others are in the same position, but don't looked phase by their state. In fact, they look angry-- pissed off that they got caught.

"Wh-what-- what's going on?" Louis speaks up and the man next to him rolls his eyes.

"I would get a tougher attitude, kid," the guy three seats down says, "They love that scared shitless look."

Then, a shadow appears in the hallway, walking toward them. As the figure comes closer, the single figure turns into five men five-- They have to be gang members .

They stand in line in front of Louis and the others; one member to one abducted. They are softly illuminated by the the lights shining down on the abducted. Louis looks down the line of them, heart dropping when he recognizes the blonde standing one guy down. The dark haired one stands next to him, arms crossed as he stares at his own abducted guy.

Louis' stomach drops. I'm going to die.

The blonde doesn't acknowledge Louis. Instead, he smiles devilishly at the man in front of him (the one who talked to Louis earlier), "Hello handsome," he says patronizingly, "Remember me?"

As he speaks, the other members stare forward at their own abducted man. Louis glances at the one in front of him, not recognizing the face-- but not wanting to look too long.

The abducted man that the blonde is talking to doesn't say anything, prompting the blonde to feign hurt, "No? Well we had so much fun last time we saw each other, didn't we?"

His pretend-sadness turns into a dark glower, "Oh-- right. You got to have all the fun." the blonde pulls up his shirt, revealing burn marks scarring the right side of his torso, "This job yer memory?"

The guy says nothing, instead spits at the blonde; the wad splatters on the blondes shoe.

Louis flinches, ready for a crazy reaction. Instead, the blonde laughs, "That's not very fun!" he turns around, grabbing something out of sight, "Let's have some fun, whadda say lads?"